Spending the night in a blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post

[emoji15] This young mans future deer hunting is officially ruined!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If the wind is right and you don't snore/roll around much. I would say you are fine in a well sealed box blind. Only one way to find out. Pack some sandwiches and a honey bun. And something to pee in. If it works, you kill the biggest deer in your life. If you don't, nobody hurt. I say Get-R-Done

Comment

Yeah thats what I was thinking

Comment

Yes sir!! I'll be in the blind making it happen! Thanks for your feedback! Greatly appreciated.
          Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
          Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by berettadave View Post
            That's him. I know Peyton and his grandfather Danny. I've met Matt before but don't really know him. I run in to them at sporting clays shoots everywhere. I remember when he shot that buck. Most will go a lifetime without getting one like that.

Dave

Yes sir that’s him. I’ve known Danny and Matt for a long time. Danny used to sponsor us in the shoot at Pineywoods Gun Club every year. That’s where I met GarGuy for the first time.

Comment

Them 278s make ya hunt hard !

Comment

I've never had a blind that was big enough to sleep in (comfortably).
                A friend was at his lease and hadn't set up his camper, so he decided he'd sleep in his blind. Well, he hadn't anticipated the heavy rain on the metal roof - he didn't sleep at all that night.

Comment

If I had one of these I could after a few modifications

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	24554741

Comment

Better this one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	24554742

Comment

Originally posted by axisbuck View Post
                      Need pics of the "solid" buck haaa..
                      I would do it if he is bigger than anything ive shot before..

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
                      In my opinion, extra effort is what separates the Stone cold killer’s from guys that are somewhat successful. It is one or two nights of discomfort in order to get a trophy that you will keep for years. I do think that wind directions may be an issue, but don’t let guys put you off from giving the extra effort. It will be worth it if you are successful.

Originally posted by Horn chaser View Post
                      Only for a 271" buck.

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
                        Just get in there early before there's any hint of light and if you can do it without use of a flashlight at all, I think you'll be fine. I've walked in early and once the sun came up there were deer still bedded down that were within 15 yards of where I walked. Their vision isn't that good and as long as you don't do something to really spook them, you should be fine.

I wonder if you could use a dim red flashlight and still not spook them? It’s pretty dark in the field. We have a couple red LED’s on our headlamps that give us just enough light to not kill ourselves on the walk in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve found sleeping in the camper is better. Getting up at 9, eating a big breakfast, then head to the blind to sleep the rest of the day. Haven’t killed a deer in a few years but I’ll keep at it.

Comment

I dont worry about scaring stuff off when I walk to the stand, it's always going to happen
                            I have found out through the years that they will always come back. I figure the buck I want to see is not hanging out by my stand so what ever I spook dont really matter. Just get in and be quiet. His pattern is going to change when the does get hot anyway.

Comment

well? Did you get him or what?

Comment

Originally posted by locknload View Post
                                well? Did you get him or what?
                                Haven't had the right wind yet.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X