Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had to share..

So stinking proud of my dog!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/unitedbloodtrackers/permalink/1144095439100735/ Had to share this!!

Just had to share..

Fb is the devil! What am I missing?

Bisch

P.S. - I went in and tried on the PC where my wife has fb, and it says the content is not currently available.
    Last edited by Bisch; 11-11-2018, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Let’s try again

I got the opportunity to track a deer for a Combat Warrior on a sponsored hunt.
      It was pretty epic!!
      Last edited by Randy Madden; 11-11-2018, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Cant view without a Fb account Im guessing.

Doesn't work for me either

Comment

says not available right now

Comment

I have an account and it is not available when I check on it.

Comment

Still says content not available!!!

Bisch

Comment

Ok screw Fb.......

I copied my post from United Blood Trackers

Sorry for the long read!
                Best track ever!!!!
                This story started yesterday at 7:30 am.
                There is a local group that host a hunt every year for combat warriors and families.
                Yesterday at 7:30 am one of these combat veterans shot a buck. When they went to track it they immediately jumped the deer and found what they thought was gut matter. So they backed out and waited till 2pm and went back to the spot where they had jumped the deer and found good blood. The hunter and guide tracked the deer for approximately 400 yrds before they lost blood.
                So they contacted the local GW and he passed them another local trackers number. Just so happed he was out of town and he looked up my number on UBT’s web page. I got the call at 10:30 last night. He had no idea the details of the deer but wanted to try to get them some help. So I contacted the guide by txt message and I was able to meet them at noon today. When I heard it was gut shot I was pretty optimistic and agreed to take the track. I really wanted to help out this hero if at all possible. So I put my dog Oakley on the trail and he worked the first 400 yrds rather quickly till point of last blood. From there on I didn’t find a single drop for a very long ways but he kept working and I felt confident he was on the right trail. At about 700 yrds or so the deer had been following a creek when it did about a 40-50 yrd back track and changed directions. It then proceeded to cross a large power line and then turned 90 degrees to the right and walked the edge of the power line about 150 yrds then crossed back over to the previous side . This whole time I didn’t see any blood but told the hunter I had to just trust the dog. Oakley then drops back down hill and backtracks the power line about 50 yrds or so and then makes a large circle to the left and starts buck up hill in some of the thickest stuff you can imagine. After about another 200 yrds or so the hunter stops me and says that he doesn’t believe the deer could have gone this far and since we havnt seen ANY blood in a long ways that we should probably head back. After a few minute conversation I agree to go back to last blood and try again. So we start back down the same way we came up and as I step over a stick in the trail I spot one single drop of blood. The Hunter did not believe it was blood but I insisted that it was and that we should go back. So we pick back up the trail again and about 50 yards later I find a bed with fresh blood. I did not know if we had jumped a deer or something else had jumped it earlier that morning. So my dog takes off again this time back down hillAnd after about another 150 yards or so I see a white belly. All I could do was turn around and look at the hunter and say “guess what, WE GOT HIM!!”” He simply could not believe it and neither did I!! I don’t know who was more excited but I can say this was by far my dogs best track ever and my most rewarding!!
                All in all we estimated he went almost a mile! And the track was over 28.5 hrs old!
                I refused to take any payment because I feel it was the least I could do for someone that protects our freedoms on a daily basis!!
                Last edited by Randy Madden; 11-11-2018, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s awesome. Where are you located for future reference?

Comment

Great story and tracking job!

Comment

That’s awesome

Comment

Originally posted by lost cajun View Post
                          That’s awesome. Where are you located for future reference?

Big Sandy

Comment

Is that a Draht? Congrats!

Comment

Awesome story and tracking job!! Great looking pup, what breed is Oakley??

Comment

Working...
                              X