No announcement yet.

Drawn for Richland Creek WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've been staying in Fairfield at the Super 8.

Comment

Originally posted by moondog View Post
      JUST AN FYI, regarding the archery hunt, next week. We (my brothers and I) had originally planned on camping at the WMA. However, there is no water and electricity available at the campsites. Also, there is a chance of rain in the forecast, next week. We found a place around the corner (2.1 miles) called Fisherman's Point Marina. They have cabins with showers, etc. available for $92 dollars/night. They have a lot of good reviews, online. The staff at the WMA said they've heard good things about them and several hunters have stayed there, over the years. I made a reservation for us. The lady said they still have several cabins available for next week.
      I have stayed at Fishermans and it was nice. Also, Fairfield SP is just down the road. They have camp sites with water and electric. Also has showers. If I remember correctly, it was about a 20 minute drive from the park to main gate on north unit.

Comment

Originally posted by moondog View Post
        JUST AN FYI, regarding the archery hunt, next week. We (my brothers and I) had originally planned on camping at the WMA. However, there is no water and electricity available at the campsites. Also, there is a chance of rain in the forecast, next week. We found a place around the corner (2.1 miles) called Fisherman's Point Marina. They have cabins with showers, etc. available for $92 dollars/night. They have a lot of good reviews, online. The staff at the WMA said they've heard good things about them and several hunters have stayed there, over the years. I made a reservation for us. The lady said they still have several cabins available for next week.

There’s a beer store about 2 miles West down the road from fisherman’s point on fm 416 across the street from the hardware store. They also have a small kitchen and serve tacos. There is a family dollar Down the road about another mile or so if you need any basics.

I have a place about another 3 miles down from the family dollar. I’ll be heading up this evening for the wknd.
        I’ve hunted Rc quite a few times, I’d be in line for a standby if My sons football season was over.
        I love that place, good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I've always stayed at oak cove marina motel when hunting Gus Engeling, no complaints and the people that run it are super friendly, it's just as close to Richland as Fishermans point and it was cheaper than the cabins.

Comment

Nice to see some good bucks on camera! good luck gents.

i recommend Tucker Town for some good bbq on 287 west of bridge. oak cove marina has some great breakfast, and aggie general on 287 has some outstanding cheeseburgers.

Comment

Does anyone that drew the archery hunt next week and bringing an ATV want to recoup some expenses if I am lucky enough to kill one?

Comment

[QUOTE=hardcore247;14444081]Does anyone that drew the archery hunt next week and bringing an ATV want to recoup some expenses if I am lucky enough to killone

I’ll be there with a ranger? Are you talking help hauling a deer out for you?

Comment

Yes sir. I can get in and out on foot fine, but if I am able to kill one an ATV of some kind would be handy to get it out since we have to bring them out whole.

Comment

Originally posted by hardcore247 View Post
                    Yes sir. I can get in and out on foot fine, but if I am able to kill one an ATV of some kind would be handy to get it out since we have to bring them out whole.
                    Yeah bud of course. Don’t have to pay me. Send a pm with your number. I’ll hitcha up.

Comment

Bio said deer were hitting the acorns in the bottom. Where ever that is on South side. But that was 3 weeks ago.
                      The young bucks are getting horny. Old ones are still hitting food.

Comment

Well, the boy and I are camping at Granger tonight to try our luck tomorrow on standby draws. Should be headed to Rland around 11 if we don't draw. If we do draw, we are still headed up but only after orientation.

Hitting the field edge tomorrow evening and will evaluate Sun location based on what we see.

Comment

I’m in a tree a few miles down the road from the wma and I’ve already had one nice 8 walk by and another nice buck come out on the edge if the pasture
                          Got in the tree at 5:30 and the first buck came out not 10 minutes later
                          You guys should have a good week if it cools down
                          Full rut here is generally last week of October / first week of November but I bet those bucks are starting to stretch their legs some

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Will be there Monday for orientation, holler if any of you TBH brothers need anything.

Comment

Fisherman's Cove Lodge is another place you might want to check into. It's off FM 309, off Hwy. 287 and about 6 miles away from the WMA. They have cabins, fishing pier, serve breakfasts, etc. If you strike out with the hunt, you can always book a hog or exotic hunt or guided fishing on the lake thru them. Google or check out FaceBook page for Fisherman's Cove Lodge.

Comment

Originally posted by Gom View Post
                                Fisherman's Cove Lodge is another place you might want to check into. It's off FM 309, off Hwy. 287 and about 6 miles away from the WMA. They have cabins, fishing pier, serve breakfasts, etc. If you strike out with the hunt, you can always book a hog or exotic hunt or guided fishing on the lake thru them. Google or check out FaceBook page for Fisherman's Cove Lodge.
                                That's newer, remember when there was nothing there before the 309 ramp, a good ramp to get your truck broken into while fishing BTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X