GM strike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TxKronik View Post
    I also think gas is to high 10-15 years ago I was paying .50/gal for diesel now 2.83 that’s a stupid jump.
    Might want to rethink your timeline. Gas/Diesel hasn't been $0.50/gal since the 70's. And adjusted for inflation, it would have been equivalent to about $2.50 in today's dollars.

10-15 years ago you were paying almost exactly the same amount as today when you adjust for inflation. Don't blame gas for inflation.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
      So why is so much of Trump's stuff made outside of the USA?

He could easily have this stuff made in America.

Check American Apparel and check Fashion Nova who is doing it in 2019

He’s on record as saying his red MAGA hats weren’t even close to being competitive price wise.

Price being important because you need volume sales so people buy and wear.

I do think alot of Trump wear might be now made in USA [emoji631] on account of him relaxing regulations on companies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mikerosa View Post
        He’s on record as saying his red MAGA hats weren’t even close to being competitive price wise.

Price being important because you need volume sales so people buy and wear.

I do think alot of Trump wear might be now made in USA [emoji631] on account of him relaxing regulations on companies.

Fashion Nova sells some of the cheapest women clothes ever
        Most produced right here in USA (Los Angeles garment district to be exact)
        Check out his biz model
        It's insane
        But very profitable

I still don't understand why ALLLL of his products aren't made in the USA if he's supposed to be championing the cause.

I was taught to not lead where I won't go.
        But that's par for the course with him sending folks into war but he dodged war zones himself.

Comment

What did their union do with all the money they got from selling the GM stock given to them by the government GM Buyout?

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
            Fashion Nova sells some of the cheapest women clothes ever

Most produced right here in USA (Los Angeles garment district to be exact)

Check out his biz model

It's insane

But very profitable

I still don't understand why ALLLL of his products aren't made in the USA if he's supposed to be championing the cause.

I was taught to not lead where I won't go.

But that's par for the course with him sending folks into war but he dodged war zones himself.

I think you’re overzealous.

Show me where Trump has sent our kids to war ? He in fact is and was acursed by Mad Dog Mattis for pulling our kids OUT of war.

Trump has resisted war moreso than any potus excluding Billy Clinton, in my lifetime.

Are you certain the Republicans Trump wear are made in China [emoji630]? I heard USA now ? Or atleast portions are ?

Comment

Mikerosa,
              You love you some Trump don’t you.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                What did their union do with all the money they got from selling the GM stock given to them by the government GM Buyout?
                I dont know but if they fired all these ingrates I'd go buy a new chevy truck that day.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                  Under the guidance of Obomo, they took the money and updated their facilities to build ugly, un-reliable cars that nobody wanted to buy. And it's Trumps fault!

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                    Under the guidance of Obomo, they took the money and updated their facilities to build ugly, un-reliable cars that nobody wanted to buy. And it's Trumps fault!
                    This

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Why are you boys driving so many union made trucks if you hate them so bad? Go snatch you up a made in Tejas toyo if you want a non-union ride. It really is not that difficult ya know.

Just like your football threads. Hate on the union represented players and watch every minute of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                        Why are you boys driving so many union made trucks if you hate them so bad? Go snatch you up a made in Tejas toyo if you want a non-union ride. It really is not that difficult ya know.

Just like your football threads. Hate on the union represented players and watch every minute of the game.
                        The only problem I have with unions is that they most all support and donate to the democrats.

Do the union members not have a voice in who they want to support? Ever?
                        It has nothing to do with the workers. I got plenty on friends that are in unions.

My truck was made in mexico!

Comment

I cant wait until the ingrates are replaced by automation. Just keep forcing the employers to kiss your boots and one day...the employers will be done with the employees.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                            The only problem I have with unions is that they most all support and donate to the democrats.
                            Yep!!!

Over the years, I had been in 2 different unions. The leaders would PREACH vote Dem.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                              When I was a member of the IAFF the NFL player's union wanted us to walk their picket line. Guess how that went?

As an aside, the GM union members average a compensation package of $131,000 per year. That is for an unskilled high school graduate. That is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                                When I was a member of the IAFF the NFL player's union wanted us to walk their picket line. Guess how that went?

As an aside, the GM union members average a compensation package of $131,000 per year. That is for an unskilled high school graduate. That is ridiculous.
                                I though only unions produce (skilled) workers?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X