No announcement yet.

Hunters: Serious Question..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I repaint this one in the off season it will be in a lighter shade of green or brown. Thanks for posting this. I'm going to take a pic tomorrow morning of the it so I can let my wife match the more dominate color around it this time of year. I know it doesn't matter, I just like it to look camouflaged

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
      Where and what stands are you buying that you are getting 30 years out of?
      I built one with my dad that I'm currently sitting in that is 28 yrs old. I need to replace a few boards and repaint it but it's still holding strong.

Comment

The blinds I build do last 25+ years easily. Some are metal and some are wood. They get painted when built and that’s it. It does help break the box up at a distance.

Comment

Originally posted by easeup View Post
          I thought you had a serious question
          ^^^^^ this X 1000

Lady, you have way too much time on your hands, if you're worrying about stuff like this

Comment

I killed a decent deer out of this blind weekend before last.

Comment

I usually paint mine solid black. Paint is mainly to protect the wood.

Comment

I paint my stand a feeders with mistake outdoor paint from Walmart or home depot in earth tones. I try to breakup the outline mainly. I did paint the bottom of my stand and feeder a light blue in the hopes wasp would not nest under them. Now the headboard I made for my bed at camp is camo, because the lease boss made a comment about color blind deer and camo. He questioned people always wearing camo so I make a point to camo up.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                  Cuz if it ain’t Camo it’s just an outhouse...
                  Our outhouse is painted camo

Comment

Nope. Doesn't matter.

Comment

Depends upon what part of the world you're standing in.... IMOP

Where I grew up hunting and still hunt the majority of the time....NE TX, SW AR, NW LA you'd better go way BEYOND "camo" or you've got virtually ZERO chance of seeing, much less shooting, a truly mature buck.....you can also pretty much forget sitting staring at corn feeders too....hand corn is a different story....

In KS you can pop up a blind early enough and they'll ignore it pretty quickly.....

In S TX, on a quality ranch, you can shoot a mature buck riding around on a high rack, drinking beer, and watching a football game on your phone.... I've seen it with my own eyes.....on the King they've rolled down the electric wind and shot em out of the window at 25 yards.... lease manager told me that one and showed me where it happened...

Now, before the flame fest starts I realize most S TX hunting isn't like this or this easy, but, it's a LOT easier/simpler than anywhere else I've been lucky enough to hunt.....(would still drive 12 hours to go again....😉 )

So, IF you're really serious about killing a truly mature deer, +/- 6.5, in most parts of the world you'd better go well beyond spray paint on a box.....unless you leave the box there for 10 years, then it might work....
                      Last edited by Slicefixer; 11-26-2019, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Examples....

I realize I go overboard.....Got burned a few times early on ..... learned my lesson.....

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by Slicefixer; 11-26-2019, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slicefixer View Post
                          Examples....

I realize I go overboard.....Got burned a few times early on ..... learned my lesson.....

Now thats Camo! you hunting deer or hiding from the cops in those things! lol great set ups!

Comment

Originally posted by TxSon1836 View Post
                            Now thats Camo! you hunting deer or hiding from the cops in those things! lol great set ups!
                            Ain't talking .....Hehehe

(thanks.....lotta work, but worth it....cool to hide from em 100%)

Comment

Because it needs to be painted to be sealed anyway, and it entertained the wife and kids. Told them do whatever they wanted.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Blind 1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	154.8 KB
ID:	24600283

Click image for larger version

Name:	Blind 2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	24600284

Comment

Have to paint it if I build it and always have a couple of cans of brown and grey spray paint around somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X