Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get your Colons checked guys...I just dodged a bullet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Puggy625 View Post
    I'm 51, no family history of cancer so I was eligible to do the Colorguard (sp?) test. It was a little odd pooping in a bucket and sending it off, but a lot less having to deal with the roto-rooter method and the prep for it. Got the results back about a week later and all clear. Now I'm good for 3 years before needing it again. Either way you decide to do it, swallow your pride (that's why I hadn't done it before now), but it will give you peace of mind. And, if something is found, it's one of the most curable types of cancer if found early enough. Just do it...…….
    You are right. It's Cologuard, and most insurances will cover this at 100%. I inquired about this from a few clients that are in the medical field. They said, if you have an issue it will be in the cells of your waste. And this is a great easy way for a screening. They went on to say; every hospital will experience a puncture during a colonoscopy annually. Then you have to recover from that. Lastly he told me about a procedure when he was assisting the Gastro. At the end of the scoping, the Gastro is about to pull the scope out, my friend had to point out a polyp the doctor missed. He said the best part is when you drop off the box at UPS, and they ask what's in the box. "I'm just mailing my s#it".

Comment

I’ve been putting mine off for about 8 years. Stubborn. Really need to get this done. Glad your good.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
        I don't go to the doctor and haven't been in 20 years. My wife talked me into going in for a checkup. I found a place near my work and made an appointment. They assigned me to a FEMALE primary physician. Nothing wrong with that initially. During my exam I told her I wanted full panel bloodwork and a PSA test for my prostate. She straight up said NO, and began to explain why I shouldn't. Thank you lady, I am the patient, I would like the test performed. She refused stating that I was too young (37yrs).
        I went in for my first ever annual recently at a young 66. I did not know or expect a prostrate exam and blood work or all that was involved. Not much fun but I am ok. A freind and serious hunter 10 plus years younger was found to have prostrate cancer several years back making him mid 40's perhaps. Avoided worse and healed due to asking for an exam. Instinct, follow it similar to hunting. My brother has it and can not be treated due to other yuk reasons. I am faithfully negligient and learn occassionally.

Comment

Had my first at 40. I am Diabetic and not the best eating habits. They removed a poly. I go every 5 years. The whole thing is not that bad and sure beats the alternative. Talk to your Dr to see if the home test is for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
            You won’t even know it happened except for the prep. I’ve had three and I’d rather have the colonoscopy than have a dentist in my mouth for an hour or two.
            I've heard the prep isn't as bad as it use to be since they changed the protocol. I agree with you, I've had worst with Dentist than my colonoscopy.

Comment

Anybody know the cost of cologuard without insurance?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
                Anybody know the cost of cologuard without insurance?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                About $560. If it comes back positive then you MUST have colonoscopy

Comment

I just did my first one a few months ago. Being a shade over 40 I was a little worried that the doctor recommended it after some symptoms. The day before wasn’t bad just 8 hours of toilet time. The first session or so was unbelievable. My wife was in the other room and responded with, “GROSS!”. The procedure was a cake walk. I was cleared. Peace of mind is well worth it. I have a Cadillac HMO and it still cost me around $700.

Comment

Had mine done @ 51. They removed a polyp and I'm due to go back for another Colonoscopy next year.

Comment

Mac glad you had it checked out early.

Comment

Thanks for posting this. I had the Dr order the cologuard today. Interestingly, I bought stock in exact sciences 15+ years ago when they were a startup and first developing the technology. It sounded like they had a real potential to help people but they were nowhere near FDA approval. Most of those companies die a fast and early death. I sold the stock a few years back but happy to see they ended up making a positive difference.

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
                          Had mine done @ 51. They removed a polyp and I'm due to go back for another Colonoscopy next year.
                          so how many candles do you carry now amigo...55 or 60?? Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                            You won’t even know it happened except for the prep. I’ve had three and I’d rather have the colonoscopy than have a dentist in my mouth for an hour or two.
                            Same here. Stomach flatter than it has been in years the morning before!
                            Family history here so just part of life for me to go

OP, good luck and best wishes

BP

Comment

👍👍- 2 thumbs up--

Get it checked

Comment

Excellent news! Glad you caught it early!

Comment

Working...
                                X