Ethical question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ethical question

Was talking to my dad today about not seeing much at our place and he tells me about a couple guys leasing land from his friend had a good weekend in limestone county. They shot 3 does and a little 8 point... problem is they cant shoot does yet in that county and the buck was only 11in wide at most. To me this is nothing more than poaching and pi$$es me off but my dad says stay out of it. I feel for the neighbors who are probably doing things right and then you get these idiots breaking the law. If my neighbors were doing this I would want someone to say something. Would you turn them in or just stay out of it?

I would turn them in. Unless they are from out of state then it’s my understanding that they should be allowed a pass.

Comment

You’re going to get lots of options on this one. I’d turn em in. They are no better than those of us that follow the rules and laws. I hope the GW catches them and hangs them. But then I’m a Republican.

Comment

I’m sure one of the few game wardens that frequent this site will contact you sooner or later wanting more info.

Comment

Anonymous call to OGT

Comment

Sounds like somebody needs to say something, or they will keep doing it. It’s posted on here, so now the cats out of the bag.

Comment

Ethical question

Would you report your neighbors if they shot a 278” buck at night and skinned it in the Walmart parking lot?

Poaching is poaching. JMO

I would also go as far as to say we have an obligation to report such incidents. If we don’t, then we should be considered accomplices.
              Last edited by Outlaw_6; 11-11-2018, 08:10 PM.

Comment

I’d want to turn them in. It makes it tough when your dad doesn’t want you to. My dad would DEFINITELY turn them in.

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
                  I’d want to turn them in. It makes it tough when your dad doesn’t want you to. My dad would DEFINITELY turn them in.
                  My dad wants me to stay out of it and let his friend handle it. My dad isn't a big hunter so doesn't understand the frustration I feel.

Comment

Turn them in. Period.

Comment

Considering the info came from your dad and he asked you to stay out of it, I'd stay out of it.

Comment

Known they are breaking the law, then turn them in.

Comment

You are getting 3rd hand information so keep that in mind. If you felt 100% sure it is accurate I would turn them in. Like most poachers, they have done it many times before they get caught and most continue to do it after they get caught. Maybe if they get a felony for it, just maybe, they will stop.

Comment

I don't understand why people like this wait until deer season to poach.

Comment

Unless you saw the dead deer with your own eyes what you heard is more of a rumor in the eyes of the law. Not saying your dad is lying but the information you have is hearsay. Just playing devils advocate what if the information is wrong and the GW shows up at your neighbors place and finds nothing illegal. Then your neighbors think your a jerk for calling the cops on them and there goes your good relationship with your neighbors. Pick your battles wisely buddy.

Comment

Working...
                              X