Best Book Shelf Speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Book Shelf Speakers

Not sure if there are any Audiophile's on here.

Looking for the best Book Shelf Speaker and a sub woofer to compliment.

Speakers will be used for both music and movies.

Been going back and fourth between the KEF LS50 and the KEF R-300. both are very similar.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

I am surprised that there are no speaker enthusiasts on the site.

Comment

I’ve always been a Bose guy ever since I walked into a media room that was all Bose many years ago.

I’m not familiar with the ones you mentioned but they definitely look high end.

I’m running a Sony 10” sub next to my entertainment center and have been blow away by the sound quality. I didn’t expect much for the price but it sounds awesome.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Which sub are you running?

I am looking at the SVS SB-4000 sub.

Comment

Originally posted by topwater blowup View Post
          Which sub are you running?

I am looking at the SVS SB-4000 sub.
          I went with an SVS PB-1000 on recommendation and reviews from many sites on the internet. I wanted something with a port and don't mind the extra size. I will tell you it is a heavy speaker.

My home was flooded in the Houston area so I have not been able to hook it up yet but am looking forward to it. From what I hear svs is hard to beat.

Give ABT Electronics a call. SVS typically does not advertise discounts but they gave me a break on the price plus no tax or shipping.

Comment

RJK70 Thanks for the tip!

What system are you running?

Comment

Originally posted by topwater blowup View Post
              RJK70 Thanks for the tip!

What system are you running?
              Pioneer Elite LX501

Comment

Definitive Technology are the speakers I use. I have been very happy with them, also use them with the TV. They put out great sound.

Comment

So.... This is like the "whats the perfect carry gun for me" question. The answer depends on a lot of things. There are different size speakers, different size subs for sure... different power requirements, a perfect listening environment vs not, etc. If you are truly going for audiophile stuff... then you should address all of these things and be very honest with what you want. Perfect costs a lot of money.
                  Last edited by Rubberdown; 01-08-2018, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Speaker and sound posts should ALWAYS be prefixed with "If you had $<insert-checkbook-balance-here> available... what would you get."

Comment

you need to seriously look into ELAC speakers by Andrew Jones

high end audiophile speakers on an affordable budget

if you haven't heard about the name(s), research them via AVS Forums and the inet

https://www.elac.com/

Amazon has the 6.5" bookshelf speakers for $279 ...

look at the reviews https://www.amazon.com/Debut-Bookshe.../dp/B014GSEQ06

Comment

I'm partial to Bowers & Wilkins if money is no object. That said I have Mirage in my theater room and have been extremely pleased with them. I have always run them with a Pioneer Elite amp (10 years), and just upgraded to a new Pioneer Elite and the sound got even better. I also have the Mirage 8" sub and it is more than enough bass for my listening purposes.

My dad put in B&W at their house about 15 years ago and they are truly incredible speakers.

Comment

Sonos - bar none!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                            you need to seriously look into ELAC speakers by Andrew Jones

high end audiophile speakers on an affordable budget

if you haven't heard about the name(s), research them via AVS Forums and the inet

https://www.elac.com/

Amazon has the 6.5" bookshelf speakers for $279 ...

look at the reviews https://www.amazon.com/Debut-Bookshe.../dp/B014GSEQ06

Cajun Blake posted about the ELAC bookshelfs a couple months ago, and I bit. I'm happy enough with them to look at ELAC again for a new center channel.

Comment

Lots of new technology out today.

Comment

Working...
                              X