Cuddeback Cuddelink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cuddeback Cuddelink

Anybody tried this system out yet? I really like the idea.

Well I found a great deal on a 4 pack and pulled the trigger, so they were delivered yesterday. I went through and set everything up yesterday for a trial run over night and upon checking my home cam this morning, I am very happy!

I set up one cam as my “Home” camera inside the house and then set up a remote cam in the front yard facing the road and a remote cam in the back facing the patio. After checking my home cam this morning, I received all pictures on that camera from my two remote cameras. Images are great.

I plan on getting out to the farm on Sunday to put them to the ultimate test to see what kind of range these things really have. If all goes as planned, I may be moving all of my cameras to this system.

I believe it is in June, they will be coming out with a Home Base that you can then use to receive all your pictures from all remote cameras so you don’t have to use an actual camera as your home. They are also going to come out with a replacement cellular cap for the home base and even the cameras so that you can receive pictures via email. The bonus with this is that you only need ONE cell plan in order to receive all pictures from all cameras that send to the home base.

Comment

Here are a few examples of how the system works.

Your home camera automatically separates pictures from each camera into their own file making things easy to look at each cameras pictures individually. Loc 1 is the home camera. Loc 2 and Loc 3 are the remote cameras.

The home camera also makes reports for itself and all remote cameras so that you can see battery life and memory consumption for each remote camera in the field.

Here is a picture I got from one of the remote cameras in the front yard. That car is probably doing 15 mph, so quick detection and stabilized image looks to be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It is an interesting concept, battery life concerns me.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
          It is an interesting concept, battery life concerns me.
          I’ve read several reviews from folks that got them this summer and batter life seems to be good from what they are saying. We’ll see when I get them in the field. If they’ll last 2-3 months, that’s plenty for me and worth the sacrifice of not going in to each camera.

Comment

Curious as to what is a “good deal” on the 4 pack?

Comment

Sweet we are probably going to go that route eventually on our lease !

Comment

Do they have to have cell service?

Comment

Originally posted by QDM4fun View Post
                  Curious as to what is a “good deal” on the 4 pack?
                  I got a 4 pack for $600 and free shipping. So $150/cam

Originally posted by bowsticker View Post
                  Do they have to have cell service?
                  No cell service required for the remote cams to communicate to the home cam. They run on their own network. However, this coming summer you will be able to add a cellular cap if you choose to go that route. As I stated in my original post, you just set up your home camera or base as a cellular device and it will send you pictures from all cameras that report to that home cam/Base. So basically you could have one cell plan and receive pictures from 5 different cameras. You can link up to 16 cameras in one network.

Comment

Thanks. I will have to look into them. Sounds like they operate similar to the buckeye system. Keep us posted on battery usage, please

Comment

How far can you space the cameras out?

Comment

Originally posted by spikebuck View Post
                        How far can you space the cameras out?
                        They claim 1/4 to 1/2 mile between each cam in dense forest and up to a mile in open range. Obviously depends on terrain and major elevation changes. The cameras can piggy back off of each other so figuratively, you could have a camer over a mile away and still get pictures at the home cam if there are remote cams between your home cam and ver last cam.
                        Last edited by Sleepy; 12-28-2017, 12:58 PM.

Comment

That's a pretty neat concept!

Comment

Hmmm. Following.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

It said you can access pictures remotely via smartphone if home base is connected to a computer with internet. Has anyone successfully tried it ?

Comment

Working...
                              X