Primos 46 Issue, maybe....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Primos 46 Issue, maybe....

OK, I have a Primos 35 I love - so I bought a 46 this year...
    I set it up a la TGIL's solar panel thread...
    Sat it in the back yard for a week shooting the dogs - worked perfect...
    Here's the problem:

Set it up on my feed pen.
    Came back 8 weeks later and found that it worked perfect for EXACTLY 22 days, and stopped. 99% power indicated, correct date/time & everything looked fine - took 500+ pics - but NOTHING after that.
    Took everything apart - again, everything looked good - took a few "test pics" before I desided to leave it....

I go back this weekend. (another 8 weeks later)
    Same thing!
    Ran for EXACTLY 22 days and then stopped taking pics.
    Everything again looked good - took normal pics every day, then stopped.
    Found it again, 99% battery & correct date/time - 600+ pics - but nothing after that.
    I have a trail running behind the feed pen and every day something is photographed, even if it doesn't making it into the pen.
    (replaced it with my 35 and brought it home)

Anyone have any ideas - bad camera, bad set up?

I have not experienced any issues with mine, so its either a bad camera or coincidence that it only took pics for 22 days. Hopefully you get it figured out.

Comment

Got an email into Primos....

I bought it at Academy, so I'm OK there....

Comment

WAs the SD card full? I've got 3 60s and they are just "OK". Don't like IR flash and the camera makes enough noise that many bucks move their head at the shot, thus blurring the picture further. Two of them also take many, many blank photos. Not sure if it's due to the heat from the feeder legs in the direct sun or what. Need to move them to another location and test that theory.

Comment

No, SD cards were good. ( 2 different cards used)

I'm puzzled...worked perfect up till day 22 both times...no white/black outs...very few pics with animals looking @ camera due to noise...

It's like something tells it to go into sleep mode on day 23...

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
            WAs the SD card full? I've got 3 60s and they are just "OK". Don't like IR flash and the camera makes enough noise that many bucks move their head at the shot, thus blurring the picture further. Two of them also take many, many blank photos. Not sure if it's due to the heat from the feeder legs in the direct sun or what. Need to move them to another location and test that theory.
            They are ~$100 cameras - so I'm not expecting great pics...I know what I have & I'm happy....

If I take it back to Academy, who just told me with an ID I get my money back, I'll just turn around and buy another one...just curious...

Comment

You won't get your money back without receipt but you can exchange it. The 46 had some issues. Get you an ultra. I am running 2, one 35 ultra and one 46ultra and they are great.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
                You won't get your money back without receipt but you can exchange it. The 46 had some issues. Get you an ultra. I am running 2, one 35 ultra and one 46ultra and they are great.
                Correct - exchange.

A buddy just told me he thinks it might be the rechargable battery...in that with alot of pics taken and alot of cloud cover, the battery might be draining down to the point that the camera shuts down (hense the "awake" button needs to be pressed) and the internal battery is why the date/time remains correct.

Thought?

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Horse View Post
                  Correct - exchange.

A buddy just told me he thinks it might be the rechargable battery...in that with alot of pics taken and alot of cloud cover, the battery might be draining down to the point that the camera shuts down (hense the "awake" button needs to be pressed) and the internal battery is why the date/time remains correct.

Thought?

Not sure, but I can tell you that there is no need to run a rechargeable battery on this camera. I have had mine out for 2 months and around 1500 pics and the battery is still showing at 99%. I've been very impressed with mine.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                    Was the card full? or it could be that since the card is hold so many pictures that the camera isn't able to turn back on and cycle to the end. You may need to put the camera on a longer interval between pictures?

Comment

Check the SD and look for a weird file type. I was getting that and had the same issue as you but it only too 100 or so pics and then was "off".

Comment

No weird file names.
                        This has been with 2 different SD cards.

Took the 1st card home to view pics - replaced it with a 2nd card and it happened again.

Comment

I would get me an ultra if I hadn't told Keegles I'd buy his 60

Comment

Working...
                          X