Remington 700 DM bottom metal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remington 700 DM bottom metal.

I know this is an odd request but I really like the Detachable mag on the 700s that came on the mountain rifle series and one some of the older LTR rifles. Where could I find the bottoms metal to use on a different hunt?

Pacific tool
    Cdi precision
    Magpul

These are the first 3 that come to mind.

I personally like the Magpul and the others that use the aics pattern magazines

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Well that's my problem I don't like the extended mags. The factory Remington mag I'm talking about is flush with the floor plate. I have tried several of the extended mag models and just don't like stuff hanging that far down.

Comment

I’ve put this one in a couple of my custom builds and have been happy with it. It feeds really well and is easier to drop the mag than the Remington factory ones were. It also is flush with bottom of rifle

Comment

Originally posted by hweissert View Post
          I’ve put this one in a couple of my custom builds and have been happy with it. It feeds really well and is easier to drop the mag than the Remington factory ones were. It also is flush with bottom of rifle

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Kwik-...Kit/741478.uts
          I'm not sure I would use anything from a company that doesn't know the difference between a clip and a magazine.

The other issue is it doesn't use the standard aics pattern magazines that are commonly and widely available from multiple manufacturers

Comment

MagPul dbm and aics magazine

Comment

HS precision makes the best one in my opinion. Not quite flush but very close. Much better fit than the others. I don't like that the others rattle. Even the AI mag type ones.

Comment

Are you talking about the factory mags that have a detent "bar" on each side of the mag? I have a 700 short action with that set up. Absolutely hate it! Not the design, just the fact that I don't like guns with mags. I've been toying with the idea of scrapping it out and using the action to build a custom. As soon as I get a bit more tooling for my lathe, I will probably do that.

Comment

Originally posted by SC-Texas View Post
                  I'm not sure I would use anything from a company that doesn't know the difference between a clip and a magazine.

The other issue is it doesn't use the standard aics pattern magazines that are commonly and widely available from multiple manufacturers

I’ve got several others including the HS and on my hunting rifles, the kwik Klip is my favorite. I’ve never had a need to put 10 rounds in a bolt gun, or have multiple mags loaded up, and I do not like protruding mags in a hunting rifle. They can call em whatever the hell they want they work and function well on mine.

Comment

Originally posted by hweissert View Post
                    I’ve got several others including the HS and on my hunting rifles, the kwik Klip is my favorite. I’ve never had a need to put 10 rounds in a bolt gun, or have multiple mags loaded up, and I do not like protruding mags in a hunting rifle. They can call em whatever the hell they want they work and function well on mine.
                    Lol. But you are stuck with one magazine supplier. Verses the numerous aics pattern magazine manufacturers

Comment

I was referring to the factory Remington mag system. I have sense purchased a stock that came with stiller detachable mag. I am just not crazy over the length of the AICS mags. Are there any that are shorter than say the magpuls?

Comment

Originally posted by krazykritters View Post
                        I was referring to the factory Remington mag system. I have sense purchased a stock that came with stiller detachable mag. I am just not crazy over the length of the AICS mags. Are there any that are shorter than say the magpuls?
                        Shorter? Overall or internally?

Comment

Numrich has the DM parts for sale. I have Remington sa DM cdl stock I would sell you. Magazines and bottom metal for sa in stock at numrich.
                          If you want a LA stock setup in excellent condition (Remington thumbhole pepper laminate stock, Remington bottom metal, and magnum DM magazine) I have one I could sell you. Metal is all black.
                          Text me at 5124610320 if u r interested. Thanks
                          Last edited by lightacres; 01-17-2018, 10:07 AM. Reason: More info

Comment

Originally posted by SC-Texas View Post
                            Shorter? Overall or internally?

I'm more interested in external length. I'm kind stuff with this Stiller DM. But I like how the factory Remington does not protrude below the stock.

Comment

Working...
                            X