Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I finally found an awesome 6.5 Encore barrel!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally found an awesome 6.5 Encore barrel!

I've been looking for a .260 for a long time. I had given up. I was about to order a 6.5 Creedmoor barrel or whole rifle. Then this one just popped up online. 26", blued, heavy profile, EABCO Custom for my Encore. Couldn't be much happier right now.

All the best,
    Glenn
    Attached Files

Nice score! What quality would you say the EABCO barrels are? I've heard both good and bad..

Comment

I haven't shot it yet, but looking it over, it seems like a very nice quality barrel. I'm waiting for my scope mount to come in, and I need to gather up some reloading dies, brass and projectiles and start working up some loads.

All the best,
      Glenn

Comment

EABCO is only a couple hour drive away from me and I hope to get over there one of these days.

I've been doing a lot of reading on Bellm's website. One of his articles is about the 6 bolt scope mounts and how the forward most hole is drilled on the taper of the barrel on the EABCOs. It can cause some issues when mounting the scope.

Please keep us updated once you get to shoot it.

Comment

Originally posted by oneeye View Post
          EABCO is only a couple hour drive away from me and I hope to get over there one of these days.

I've been doing a lot of reading on Bellm's website. One of his articles is about the 6 bolt scope mounts and how the forward most hole is drilled on the taper of the barrel on the EABCOs. It can cause some issues when mounting the scope.

Holy smokes. I see that. Looks like it will put your base in a serious bind unless it’s built for the taper.

Comment

Originally posted by oneeye View Post

The 6 screw mounts aren’t necessary, and I won’t be using the two forward screws holes anyway. Most mounts are 4 screw, and the DNZ one piece mount I’m putting on it is as well. The DNZ and Talley mounts I use have never failed on anything I own, and this .260 isn’t the hardest recoiling out of the group I own. So the two forward holes aren’t a concern at all to me.

Of note though, since we are on that subject... The seller included the 6 screw base from EABCO. All six screws were in, but there was also a set screw up front that was keeping the mount from bending in the front, so it’s actually a 7 screw mount. Regardless, I don’t care for two piece mounts on my T/C’s, so I removed it and will probably sell it.

Many 4 screw mounts have a gap in the front on T/C’s; particularly the inexpensive Weaver bases. None of those have the set screw like the EABCO base, so even though I don’t care for the EABCO base, it’s probably a superior design over the Weaver mount.

All the best,
            Glenn

Comment

Working...
            X