Real Estate Photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real Estate Photography

Just wanted to post a photo of a beautiful home i shot the other day.

Photo was blended from about 5 layers (handheld external flash) in PS.
    Canon 6d and Canon 17mm tilt-shift lens.

Home is located in New Braunfels, TX $439,000
    let me know if you're interested

Great picture, highly detailed. Is that the Dripping Springs water tower in the background?

Comment

Is there a market for house photography nice picture by the way

Comment

Absolutely there is a market for it. Especially in Houston. If your MLS listing has the regular ol pics you can expect regular to worse interest in your house. But if you get a good photographer to take pics like the one above it can generate more demand and excitement about your listing.

For us our house was in a bidding war while it was still listed as coming soon before we even showed it, partly because of the awesome pics the photographer took

Comment

Yep, I feel in love with a home that was absolutely not what I was looking for. If it had not been sold I might be taking out a mortgage.

Comment

I paid $125 to have picture professionally taken. He said he does 4 to 6 a,day.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
              Absolutely there is a market for it. Especially in Houston. If your MLS listing has the regular ol pics you can expect regular to worse interest in your house. But if you get a good photographer to take pics like the one above it can generate more demand and excitement about your listing.
              I agree 100%. Great pictures are essential, IMO.

Comment

I will say one thing about real estate photography: fish eye lenses create artificially enlarged rooms and should be considered false advertising. Just my two cents.

Comment

Very nice quality. Consider adding aerial photos as well. This is ours:

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                    I will say one thing about real estate photography: fish eye lenses create artificially enlarged rooms and should be considered false advertising. Just my two cents.
                    I can understand that. I dont think ive heard about any lawsuits with regard to photos, yet

I think the point with wide angle lenses is to get the most info and not to deceive. Personally, i try not to get too wide. The 17mm tilt-shift lens i use is about as wide as i'd like to go (there is wider). I also use a 1.4x telephoto which makes this lens about 25mm, but that's sometimes not wide enough for smaller rooms. The other tilt-shift lens by canon is the 24mm.

When it comes to Architectural photography, 24mm can be all you need as you focus more on certain architectural details and where you're not too concerned about the space in the room like you do in Residential photography.

MLS info will most always also include dimensions of a room if anyone is actually interested. Also, most MLS's allow realtors to filter for many things, including a minimum room size so you know the home you're going to see at least has the size room(s) you asked for.
                    Last edited by Henry; 02-09-2016, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Just completed our virtual tour of our most recent completed house. It is available.

Comment

Working...
                      X