IR driving lights on side by side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR driving lights on side by side

Anybody have anything like that on their hunting vehicle? I want to add IR illumination of some sort to the front of my ranger to assist with driving while wearing NV goggles. It would certainly add to the safety of it. I have some dually lights up front along with a regular light bar. My other thought is to put some kind of film over them to get to the proper wavelength. I see that dually makes an IR light and theres some others out there but just curious if anybody has any first hand knowledge. Thanks!

This is what I use to drive around while using NVGs...

Works reasonably well

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
      Dose that have a lens over the face of the housing and LEDs to keep water/rain/snow out?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
        Dose that have a lens over the face of the housing and LEDs to keep water/rain/snow out?
        Yes and I believe the lens is meant to keep the elements off the LEDs and the circuit board... They are not built to last for ever so mine is mounted on a magnant and only gets deployed when needed... I will get a pic but it won't be for a couple of days until I get back to work.. I have mine wired to a cigarette lighter type plug with switch on top... I also have a flash light with an if filter and its attached to a magnant as well.... They both serve my purpose...
        Last edited by Pedernal; 08-17-2015, 06:51 PM.

Comment

If u can find some of the military IR lights they are great. They are a little pricy and u have to change the bulb to a 12v bulb but I think they are worth it. If u look around and know a few people that want some also allot of times u can get 4-5 for $100 and to replace the bulb is around $8 from an auto parts store.

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys.

Pedernal: What kind of magnet did you get to mount that to?

That seems like a good solution. I don't really need anything permanent mounted.

Comment

I think I got it figured out. If it works I'll post up what I did. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X