Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Started keeping a jar of cash near the front door.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started keeping a jar of cash near the front door.

Kids in the neighborhood have started selling stuff for school. Candied popcorn, candy bars, even some of them offer to weed the yard or clean the driveway for some extra money. We never have cash money anymore, everything gets paid for with a darn card. Well now week keep 50$ or so in ones in a jar by the front door so when they come by we can buy something from them. Does my heart happy to help them younguns out.

My kids sold all kinds of stuff. Now that they are grown I buy from every kid that comes to my door. And I live directly acroos the street from a hs.

Comment

Awesome, especially the ones asking for work. I remeber picking/pulling weeds around the neibhorhood. $.50 - $5.00 depending on how big your pile of weeds was at the end.

Comment

I buy poinsettias from the Boy Scouts, candy from the Little League, cookies from the Girl Scouts, program ads from the Cheerleaders, wrapping paper from the Band Kids, discount cards from the Football Team, coupon books from the ROTC.....you name it and I'll buy it. I have a soft spot for kids selling stuff. If they start selling whiskey and fried chicken, I'll go broke.

Comment

I had to read a second time. I thought for a minute that you said they came by selling weed

Comment

You're nicer than me. I don't like anybody selling anything door to door

Comment

If/when a kiddo knocks on the door they are usually selling candy bars...always bought one from them.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                I buy poinsettias from the Boy Scouts, candy from the Little League, cookies from the Girl Scouts, program ads from the Cheerleaders, wrapping paper from the Band Kids, discount cards from the Football Team, coupon books from the ROTC.....you name it and I'll buy it. I have a soft spot for kids selling stuff. If they start selling whiskey and fried chicken, I'll go broke.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
                I’m sorry for everyone else on the street if they stop to sell whiskey bc I’ll buy every bottle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I havent said no to any of those kiddos yet and dont intend to.

Comment

Heck, I bought a $20 raffle ticket from a daughter of an employee today. Hope I win the BGE or shotgun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post

Comment

I just can’t say no.

Comment

Hey Junker, I live right up the road! Send me your address, I’ve got two kids constantly selling stuff! JK, I don’t let my kids go door to door. I know it annoys folks. Good on you though.

Comment

Originally posted by Chapo View Post
                            I had to read a second time. I thought for a minute that you said they came by selling weed
                            I thought the same, had to reread it lol

Comment

I’m a sucker for the kiddos myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X