Need HELP! Beretta Onyx 686 VS New Ruger Red Label

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just bought a used Beretta Onyx 686 "black receiver" and have not shot it yet. I have had my eye on the New Ruger Red Label for a while now. I LOVE RUGER's I have a safe full of them. Has anybody shot the new and improved RRL? I would like to have both in my safe, but the checking account will not allow it. Dove season is near....Please help.

Personally... I'd keep the Beretta...

Comment

You cannot go wrong with a Beretta......just saying. I would put the Beretta above the RRL any day. I have owned both and the RRL is too heavy to be a field gun.

Comment

I will be using the gun for both skeet and field. I have been doing reviews and the revised 2014 RRL look awfully good.

Comment

i love my onyx, cant say anything about the RRL as ive never shot one

Comment

bump

Comment

Beretta hands down much better built gun

Comment

Keep the Beretta and in a few years when you have more cash get the Red Label.

Comment

Ruger started making Red Label's again?

Comment

Beretta! The Ruger is a fun little gun(and not a bad gun for the price) but if I could only have one, Beretta all the way. If(and that's a big if) you ever shoot the Beretta enough to actually wear it out, the hinge pins and other locking hardware can be replaced to tighten the gun back to original specs. The Ruger does not have this capability. Not saying you would ever wear out the Ruger but it's something to consider if you actually shoot that much. For hunting purposes only, probably not a big deal.

Dave

Comment

Baretta all the way! Not to say that you can't have them both for fun if you want! Always an excuse to have another gun...

Comment

You really are a ruger homer if you had to ask that

Comment

Beretta is a MUCH better gun!

Comment

Personal preference for sure. If it were an upper end beretta I would probably go that route. If not I prefer my red label for my fit.

Comment

I've shot 7-8 cases a year threw my silver pigeon for 8 years... Zero issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X