Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Started keeping a jar of cash near the front door.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Walker View Post
    My kids sold all kinds of stuff. Now that they are grown I buy from every kid that comes to my door. And I live directly acroos the street from a hs.
    yea same here.

Comment

I bought my kids stuff, I now buy my grandkids stuff and pretty much who ever else kids stop by.
      It never ends!

Comment

Girl Scout Cookies are my Kryptonite

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
          I buy poinsettias from the Boy Scouts, candy from the Little League, cookies from the Girl Scouts, program ads from the Cheerleaders, wrapping paper from the Band Kids, discount cards from the Football Team, coupon books from the ROTC.....you name it and I'll buy it. I have a soft spot for kids selling stuff. If they start selling whiskey and fried chicken, I'll go broke.
          I'll be sure to tell Austyn which door bell to ring next time she wants to sell something!

Comment

Yup

I buy all that crap from parents at work selling for their kids...

And if they start selling weed and whisky I WILL go broke quick.

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
              Yup

I buy all that crap from parents at work selling for their kids...

And if they start selling weed and whisky I WILL go broke quick.
              Dang, boy that me me laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Erin View Post
                I'll be sure to tell Austyn which door bell to ring next time she wants to sell something!

I’ll for sure buy from her!!!

Comment

Our neighbors across the street usually open their lemonade stand about this time every year for all the yard sales on the weekends. Last year I told her I had to rub inside and get cash and I’ll come buy a couple, she yelled “it’s okay my dad has Venmo”

Comment

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
                    Kids in the neighborhood have started selling stuff for school. Candied popcorn, candy bars, even some of them offer to weed the yard or clean the driveway for some extra money. We never have cash money anymore, everything gets paid for with a darn card. Well now week keep 50$ or so in ones in a jar by the front door so when they come by we can buy something from them. Does my heart happy to help them younguns out.
                    Man, whenever my wife finds me with that many one dollar bills I get interrogated.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                      I’ll for sure buy from her!!!

That’s good to know.

Don’t be surprised if she shows up with a suitcase, you could use another daughter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I buy something from all the kids that come buy my house as my neighbors did when my kids were young.

Many years ago my kids were playing Little League and they had to sell candy bars. When we got home from sign up I had the 2 cases of candy by the front door. About an hour after getting home a kid came to the door who also signed up for baseball and wanted to sell me some candy. I pointed to the 2 cases of candy and told him a kid just came by and I bought both cases from him. About a week later that same kid got off a school bus in front of my house and came straight to my door selling cookie dough. He asked if anyone beat him to my house. My sarcastic comment came back to bite me as I felt I had to by quite a bit from him.

Comment

I am a complete sucker when it comes to buying things from the kids in the neighborhood or any other kids for that matter. A lot of good folks bought from my kids when they were younger so I just try to pay it forward.

Comment

You guys actually buy stuff from them? I ask them how much they've sold and when they take out the money to count it, I grab it and close and lock the door.

Huge money maker for me every year.

Comment

I buy from the kids selling but not from the parents. Those fundraisers build character in kids. Does nothing for the parents.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                                I buy from the kids selling but not from the parents. Those fundraisers build character in kids. Does nothing for the parents.
                                this^^

I've never passed a lemonade stand without buying a glass or four..LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X