No announcement yet.

Limcroma semi live hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, so now a recap of the morning hunt. We were set up on a waterhole. All was quiet. The wind was howling. Animals started moving and we had nyala, kudu and warthogs. My PH looked out a side window and said, "here come eland and zebra". I thought he was joking . Then u saw an eland out the front window. I told him we wait for zebra. He agreed. The zebra held up at 60 yards. They starred at the waterhole for about 10 minutes then decided to walk off. My PH thinks ir was because there were so many eland and animals. The zebra don't like the hassle. So I asked him if there were any consolations prizes. He said one good eland bull, but he's broke off on one side. I looked at him for a while and watched his demeanor. He pushed all the other eland around. That's when I decided he was the one. I don't mind the broken horn, he was old, huge and "the man". He was going to be mine. Well, we had a Kudu bull 5 feet in front of the blind so we had to be very careful. My PH was running the camera and I was on the bow. The eland went to the other side so we had to switch places without this kudu seeing or hearing us. We got set up again and the eland moved back to the other side. Once again we made the stealthy switch with success. The big Eland was quartering to and a small one was broadside slightly quartering away. I told my PH if they switched it would be perfect. I think they heard me because that is exactly what they did. I drew back and center punched him in the heart. He ran about 60 yards and fell over in sight. It took 8 of us guys to load him on the trailer. Great morning hunt.

Comment

Dinner was breaded chicken breast followed by cheesecake

Comment

very nice !!!- we leave for Africa July 16th

easy fix on that eland horn-

Comment

Congrats on the Eland and good luck tracking the Zebra!

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
            Dinner was breaded chicken breast followed by cheesecake
            Chicken breast in Africa? Man, we ate what we shot over there. Tell them to grill you up some eland filet! Then, the best cut of meat the whole time we were there was Zebra. Melt in your mouth and cut it with a fork!

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
              Teaser pic. Story tonight after evening hunt
              Awesome job, congratulations on the Eland!
              What are they asking for the trophy fee on the Sable? My buddy shot one last year when we were at Eland Safaris and it was $10k. They are absolutely beautiful though with that dark chocolate coat.
              Last edited by WyoBull; 06-11-2015, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Great recap on both game and food! Hopefully the trackers will find your Zebra tomorrow!
                Thanks for taking us along.

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                  Chicken breast in Africa? Man, we ate what we shot over there. Tell them to grill you up some eland filet! Then, the best cut of meat the whole time we were there was Zebra. Melt in your mouth and cut it with a fork!
                  Yep, they age the animals a couple days before we eat them. They will be cooked tonight

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                    Awesome job, congratulations on the Eland!
                    What are they asking for the trophy fee on the Sable? My buddy shot one last year when we were at Eland Safaris and it was $10k. They are absolutely beautiful though with that dark chocolate coat.
                    The list price right now is $8.5k. The one I had in front of me was very nice, just not in my budget

Comment

Nice looking Eland bud. Congrats

Comment

Today's plan.......find the dang zebra

Comment

Who's your PH? I hunted with Limcroma last July. Great trophies by the way!

Comment

Update. Zebra has been found. Ran 100 yards. Shot was just as we were thinking. In the stomach but hit the far shoulder. My PH has my phone with pics right now at the skinning shed. Once he gets back I'll post pics. Only fitting that after two years trying to get a Zebra it ended with a sleepless night on a questionable shot. Guess now my new quest will be a Bushbuck, but we'll wait for next time to start that quest. Might sit for a blesbuck, warthog, impala, something cheap . Maybe go get a baboon tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by atchunter View Post
                              Who's your PH? I hunted with Limcroma last July. Great trophies by the way!
                              My PH is Guillaume. Who was yours?

Comment

Exit wound

Finally have my zebra

Comment

Working...
                                X