Even sports is now ruined

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even sports is now ruined

You know, after eight years of Obama, I was excited when Trump got elected. I used to watch the news daily (FOX) and kept up with current events. Then, about 80 days into his presidency, even FOX news was too depressing to watch. Nothing but hate on all of the news networks. So I haven't watched or listened to the news, either on my TV or in my car on SIRIUSXM, in months. Made the switch in my car to the NFL Network and during my lunch break at work I watch ESPN for sports.
    After the last few days and weeks, I'm done with those as well. Between all of the sports players protesting and all the non-stop noise about Colin Kapernick and why he's being so mistreated, you can't even enjoy sports anymore.
    Not sure if anyone has noticed or cared, but next time you tune into either of those sports networks, make a mental note of how many minutes go by without a player protesting or CK's name being mentioned.
    I may have to watch football this year with the sound muted.

Been going on a looong time in sports. I can't stand Bob Costas' face.

Comment

Sport got ruined when it became a rule the all players got a trophy
      I dont watch ESPN or even new cast because your right, it always mentions CK someone else following his lead.

Comment

Honestly this is the best thing to come out of all the idiocy of today's society. I have turned off the tv and strayed reading more.

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post

I haven't watched sports in many years because of it. And, yes....Bob Costas gives me digestional distress.

Comment

Even the late night "comedy" shows do nothing but bash Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
              Even the late night "comedy" shows do nothing but bash Trump.
              In my opinion, he's the 3rd, maybe 4th President to get bashed left and right. Pretty much goes with the territory these days. I don't like it one bit, even if it's the guy/lady I didn't vote for. Do you think Hillary would be having it any easier right now?

Comment

I agree, both sides are guilty when it comes to nasty news against the opposing President, so, I turned to sports. Sports should be like hallowed ground, a place where everyone, regardless of how you vote, can feel free to come together and root for their team. I'm a Cowboys fan and I'm a conservative, yet I know there are people that have opposing political views that also root for the Cowboys. Both sides have always come together at peoples homes, at sports bars, at the stadium, or wherever, and those political views are checked at the door.
                And ole' Bob is one of the reasons why the Olympics tank in the ratings, that's for sure. But Bob doesn't do football, so this isn't on him.

It's a shame...........

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
                  Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
                  I haven't watched sports in many years because of it. And, yes....Bob Costas gives me digestional distress.
                  Yep. Can't stand the guy..... Makes me want to puke just hearing him talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog66 View Post
                    In my opinion, he's the 3rd, maybe 4th President to get bashed left and right. Pretty much goes with the territory these days. I don't like it one bit, even if it's the guy/lady I didn't vote for. Do you think Hillary would be having it any easier right now?

I'm pretty sure Hillary would get the Obama treatment. They would fawn all over her.

Comment

Originally posted by bushwacker361 View Post
                      I agree, both sides are guilty when it comes to nasty news against the opposing President, so, I turned to sports. Sports should be like hallowed ground, a place where everyone, regardless of how you vote, can feel free to come together and root for their team. I'm a Cowboys fan and I'm a conservative, yet I know there are people that have opposing political views that also root for the Cowboys. Both sides have always come together at peoples homes, at sports bars, at the stadium, or wherever, and those political views are checked at the door.
                      And ole' Bob is one of the reasons why the Olympics tank in the ratings, that's for sure. But Bob doesn't do football, so this isn't on him.

It's a shame...........
                      I agree, and I can remember a time, not too long ago, it was like that in major sports. There were some incidents, but they were mostly isolated.
                      Originally posted by TP3 View Post
                      I'm pretty sure Hillary would get the Obama treatment. They would fawn all over her.
                      Mmmmmmm, I dont remember Obama having a cakewalk at all, nor W. Bush either.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree, and I can remember a time, not too long ago, it was like that in major sports. There were some incidents, but they were mostly isolated.

Mmmmmmm, I dont remember Obama having a cakewalk at all, nor W. Bush either.

George W. Bush was bashed throughout his presidency.
                        Obama is and always has been a media darling. I'm pretty sure that his reign was the definition of a cakewalk.

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
                          George W. Bush was bashed throughout his presidency.
                          Obama is and always has been a media darling. I'm pretty sure that his reign was the definition of a cakewalk.
                          Rediculously one-sided comment. O got bashed just like the others from day 1 till the end. Anybody that cant agree to that wasn't paying attention or was too busy bashing him themselves.

Comment

Well I guess we will just have to agree to disagree sir.

Comment

Rediculously one-sided comment. O got bashed just like the others from day 1 till the end. Anybody that cant agree to that wasn't paying attention or was too busy bashing him themselves.

By the msm? If you believe that I'm afraid you have early signs of dementia.

Comment

Working...
                              X