Gaidos Inn in Galveston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
    Gaidos is nowhere near what is was 20 years ago. Last time we ate there it did have a scent that didn't quite jive and I even asked my wife if she smelled it (she did). There are at least 10 other restaurants I'd recommend before Gaidos.
    Agreed. It has a musky, funky smell in it. Food and service really wasnt all that either the last time i was in there last fall.. Much better options around.

Comment

I like the bar at Gaidos, we eat there and enjoy it. Its old Galveston. We grew up duck hunting with some of the Guido family very good folks. Food is pretty good, Its an old tired restaurant. I go because of my history.

Not the best or cheapest place in Galveston.

As for the hotel. Why when there so many better options?

Comment

We live in Galveston and never go to Gaidos. It is not good anymore. There are much better places to eat.

Comment

Food is ok at best.....

Comment

Yes it smelt like urine, yes the food sucks and is all imported, yes the motel sucks!!!! Worked there for 3 yrs. Never had any issues work wise, and left on good terms. Place is crap though. I could tell a lot of stories but no point. If you ever do stay, get room 251. Best room and the only room like it. 162 someone died in, so if that's your thing, go that route

Comment

Overpriced red lobster when i went.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                Overpriced red lobster when i went.
                X2.... but food wasn't as good

Comment

There are lots of dumps in Galveston that lots of people frequent on a regular basis. Gaido's isn't exactly a dump but it's only one step above. I ate at the restaurant once and will never go back. My wife and another couple had reservations at the hotel years ago. We got our room keys we went to our rooms and they smelled and looked so bad that we all went back and asked for another room. Went to those rooms and they were exactly the same. We went back and told them we weren't staying there. They charged us a late cancel fee and we went and found a different hotel and were glad we did.

i don't care if a place looks old but when it looks and smells dirty, no way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

VRBO #4050506 or #3897447 Great Places!

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                      Yes it smelt like urine, yes the food sucks and is all imported, yes the motel sucks!!!! Worked there for 3 yrs. Never had any issues work wise, and left on good terms. Place is crap though. I could tell a lot of stories but no point. If you ever do stay, get room 251. Best room and the only room like it. 162 someone died in, so if that's your thing, go that route
                      I knew I had heard food is imported. Could've been from you on another thread. Ridiculous for that to be the case

Comment

The Porch has great food. Skip Gaidos and go there.

Comment

My vote for a place to eat is Benno's. Great food at a great price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I like the Original Mexican Cafe! But not seafood and not on the beach. My wife and Ibhave been known to make a trip from Conroe just for some OMC!

Comment

Millers for food. Your welcome.

Comment

Gaidos used to be good. sux now. way over priced.

Comment

Working...
                                X