Browning X Bolt Hells Canyon Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Browning X Bolt Hells Canyon Speed

Has anyone bought one of these rifles? Looking at purchasing one in 7mm08.

Good/Bad reviews?

Did you ever get one?

I'm looking into this rifle as well. Thinking about a 6.5 Creedmore. I'm a big Browning rifle fan as my primary hunting rifle has been an A-bolt in 300 Win Mag for 19 years. That gun has always shot 1/2" with my reloads.

The new speed rifle has some great features with ceracoating, fluted barrel, lightweight, and removable muzzle break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not yet, have placed an order just waiting for it to come in. Been shooting a Browning BAR in .300 for 30 years but do not get near the grouping you are getting.

Comment

I really like mine. It's a 270. Very accurate rifle.
        The trigger pull takes some getting use to.
        The only bad that I've found is the trigger pull can't "really" be worked on if you want less than a 3lbs pull. it has to be replaced.

Comment

Good to know. Thanks httex!

Comment

I have a new trigger spring in my a-bolt 300 win mag that helped lower the pull. Not sure if something like that will be available for this model.

That is one drawback of Browning vs. a more common platform like the Rem 700. To me, the out of the box factory reliability makes up for it.

Comment

Those are kinda expensive. I think if I was gonna spend $1400 on a rifle I'd have Alamo Precision build me one.

Comment

I'm looking at one for $950 from my local gun dealer. I agree that if it was over 1200-1300 I would look at a Cooper or other custom build.

Comment

Anyone own one??? Like it ? Hate it?

Comment

interested as well. Anyone owned one?

Comment

I saw one on here not long ago, I think. Maybe they'll chime in. It's not my cup of tea but, then, I don't have a need for an ultralight rifle. I prefer a little heavier/stiffer barrel. I've never liked Browning's triggers and there's no really great replacements. Plus, there's minimal aftermarket support. For less money I can buy Tikka and solve all those issues with equal or greater accuracy and an action that's commonly used for custom builds without the need for truing. They may not be as 'pretty' out of the box but they flat-out shoot - outshooting most factory rifles; and are the best value on the market when you compare quality/accuracy/price.

I'm more in the custom game these days but for a factory rifle, Tikka is where it's at for me

Comment

Originally posted by Horitexan View Post
                        I saw one on here not long ago, I think. Maybe they'll chime in. It's not my cup of tea but, then, I don't have a need for an ultralight rifle. I prefer a little heavier/stiffer barrel. I've never liked Browning's triggers and there's no really great replacements. Plus, there's minimal aftermarket support. For less money I can buy Tikka and solve all those issues with equal or greater accuracy and an action that's commonly used for custom builds without the need for truing. They may not be as 'pretty' out of the box but they flat-out shoot - outshooting most factory rifles; and are the best value on the market when you compare quality/accuracy/price.

I'm more in the custom game these days but for a factory rifle, Tikka is where it's at for me

See that’s what I’m trying to decide between. Really like the Tikkas as well.

Comment

I have an xbolt in 6.5, not the hells canyon version. I have put around 30 rounds down range. I like the gun, shoots fine...will put it to the test in a few weeks on some whitetail.

Comment

I just picked up my Tikka action custom today. Hopefully will shoot it in the morning!

Comment

I have a Xbolt carbon stainless, it shoots great. I had to do a trigger job myself no one will work on them. Its great now. you really have to dig on internet to find info on how to do it. Seems browning has scared everyone to death to work on them.

Comment

Working...
                              X