"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hopper View Post
    Ok sooo Per the TPWD @ the main office and confirmed with the Willis Creek station the arial shoot was scheduled for Thursday ONLY and has been CANCELED. with no reschedule date set at this time!

thats what im talkin' about!
    Interesting. Hope it works out for us.

Comment

No prob!

So obviously I'm new to the site, have been reading for awhile and am new to bow hunting as well...but definately addicted already.
      I'd love to meet-up with some of you guys from around here that wouldnt mind taking a rookie under thier wing..?

Also what is The GRXH? or is that top secret on a need to know basis? lol
      Nothing secret about GRXH. Im planning on doing for the first time this year. Search Granger Ranger 2011. There is specific thread.

Comment

here ya go... Its on the around the campfire page.

Comment

Originally posted by huntnfishtex View Post
          Idaho. You can try lake mathis right outside of corpus. We duck hunted there alot this season and saw thousands of geese. We did shoot a few but they were all going to private corn fields. We only had duck deeks but with some goose deeks you might so better. Pm me if you want more info
          Thanks for the infr huntnfishtex ...I'll look that up and maybe PM ya if I'm seriously thinkin' on goin' there after next weekend...gotta put in at least one full day out at Granger for a hog first, and then I wanna try for my first Tejas goose

@ Hopper..DUDE, that's GREAT NEWS about the helishootin' being cancelled...I am keeping my fingers crossed they heard the outcry from us sportsmen and are giving us a break, maybe??? YES!!!

gonna be an interesting week with the cold weather predictions

Comment

Can you harvest the hogs that the heli takes down?
            After a day or two you won't want to. GRXH is the Granger Ranger Xtreme Hunt, one rule don't bring food. Drink yes, food no. We eat what we kill or catch. 25-27 Feb. Sign up on the Granger thread on the campfire site. There will be plenty of baots making the trip down river if you need a ride.

Comment

Alas i suspect the heli-shoot delay is weather related, not a formal policy change.

Comment

Proly so.

Comment

anyone going to granger during these cold days?

Comment

Im headed out in the morning. Let you know how it is goin to go ..

Comment

Cold

I was seriously considering going tomorrow afternoon, after 4:30. I guess it depends how much work i have to do in the cold at work.

Comment

I just went outside to check everything for the night and its cold. Not sure if i could hold my bow steady to hit anything.

Comment

Went out for most of the day yesterday. Man was it cold that wind would cut right through you. Got within 20 yards of one small group bedded down but couldn't ever get shot it was just too thick. Prob 5 to 10 pigs and jumped one more in the bloodweeds.

Comment

Originally posted by Team me View Post
                            on a kids bike with my bow on my back and my girlfriend strapped one of the stands to her back.
                            I heard this same story last night. Red was out there and might have seen ya'll.

Comment

Goodluck to anyone out! I walked outside and said no go! Thought about going out but that wind is bad and its cuttin right through my layers...

Comment

im prob gonna head out friday about 4pm and Sat morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X