Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suffering just like our pioneer ancestors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suffering just like our pioneer ancestors.

It is currently 88 degrees in our house. AC died on Friday - I got my second replacement bid today. I have a new respect for our pioneer forefathers, as this is exactly what they experienced in Texas summers long ago. Well, exactly other than still having a TV, electric fans and a refrigerator. Oh, and sleeping upstairs where the AC still works. Other than that it is a true pioneer experience. Woe is me...

(Man, I’m soft!)
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jerp; 06-25-2018, 06:17 PM.

People have no idea how tough them sumbucks was, and how soft life is today.

Comment

AC out brings you to ground zero. We’ve all been there a time or two. What a cushy life we all live relying on our comforts of AC.

Comment

How are you surviving? [emoji6]

Our coil just went out about a month ago. Took 7 days to schedule the replacement. We did the sleep upstairs thing as well. I can’t imagine trying to sleep, on the ground, when is 85 degrees at night.

Comment

LMAO at Jerp.......bring on September and October please. Need some occasional cold fronts STAT!!
          Last edited by Smart; 06-25-2018, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Man, how old are.you guys. We didnt have ac til I was 15 and then only in the living room and no ac in schools either.

Comment

Doesnt help that houses aren't built to keep air flowing much anymore.

Comment

I'm thinking temperature was the least of their problems.

Comment

Suck it up princess . Sorry for your woes. Don’t they rent those new dangled swamp coolers?

Comment

I feel ya, just had my A coil replaced a couple weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                      It is currently 88 degrees in our house. AC died on Friday - I got my second replacement bid today. I have a new respect for our pioneer forefathers, as this is exactly what they experienced in Texas summers long ago. Well, exactly other than still having a TV, electric fans and a refrigerator. Oh, and sleeping upstairs where the AC still works. Other than that it is a true pioneer experience. Woe is me...

(Man, I’m soft!)
                      The big difference is that they (pioneer forefathers) did not know what airconditioning was, and were not conditioned to having it. Not saying I would rather not have A/C, because I'd be lying!!!! Just pointing out tht it is probably waaaaaaaaaaay worse for you than it was for them!

Bisch

Comment

Our A/C went out in the summer of 80 and it took over a month to get it repaired. That was a whole bunch of suck! It gave me a whole new respect for those folks that did without.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                          Man, how old are.you guys. We didnt have ac til I was 15 and then only in the living room and no ac in schools either.
                          We had AC but unless it was really hot my tightwad dad would just run the attic fan. No AC in the schools (just box fans in the windows) but school didn’t start until after Labor Day. I don’t ever remember being bothered by the heat. I guess several decades of 24/7 climate control makes you soft.

Comment

I keep a small window unit for such occasions.

Comment

Homemade Air Conditioner! DIY AC (Air Cooler) Easy DIY. Air Cooler provides cool air for hours using only 2 to 4 "blue-ice-paks" (just rotate ice-paks in and...

Comment

Working...
                              X