Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2016, 11:06 AM   #51
libertybow
Eight Point
 
libertybow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central Texas
Default

Y'all are way out-classing us! Ours is a 27' 1985 Holiday Rambler.
Name:  camper pic.jpg
Views: 1191
Size:  101.7 KB
libertybow is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-04-2016, 11:21 AM   #52
Texas Tracker
Pope & Young
 
Texas Tracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Wimberley Texas/Hunt every place I can!
Default

We just picked this up in Sept. 25ft with the murphy bed. Its what the wife wanted. Happy wife happy life.
Attached Images
 
Texas Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-04-2016, 11:28 AM   #53
bakin7005
Eight Point
 
bakin7005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: North Richland Hills
Hunt In: Oklahoma / San Saba Co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
That's awesome!
Ya I got the best BIL ever!
bakin7005 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-04-2016, 04:42 PM   #54
100%TtId
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Default

I was in California last week and saw several small bumper pull / toy haulers made by Carson. I believe the model name was 'Rebel'. They looked ideal if you need a small, highly portable rv with a way to carry an ATV and still tow with a half ton truck. Does anyone have anything similar? Carson only sells on the west coast apparently. I've seen the Casitas and the Scamps but never saw one like the Rebel.
100%TtId is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-05-2016, 05:12 PM   #55
brrdnk
Pope & Young
 
brrdnk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mansfield
Hunt In: Coleman,TX & The "H" Some Years
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaRican View Post
I just went with full replacement. This thing is every bit as comfortable as my home serta icomfort which was 5 times the price.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Ordered one of these. Got delivered today and put it in the trailer already. Thanks that's so much better than what came with it. Great price also.
Now does any body need a new short queen mattress.
brrdnk is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2016, 07:08 AM   #56
WyoBull
Ten Point
 
WyoBull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Wyoming
Hunt In: Wyoming
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrdnk View Post
Ordered one of these. Got delivered today and put it in the trailer already. Thanks that's so much better than what came with it. Great price also.
Now does any body need a new short queen mattress.
What does "short queen" mean? Assuming it means a couple inches shorter than a standard queen or something like that but would not want to buy one not knowing the dimensions.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk
WyoBull is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2016, 08:00 AM   #57
41Chevy
Pope & Young
 
41Chevy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mile Marker ???
Hunt In: Canada, Mexico (One time only)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoBull View Post
What does "short queen" mean? Assuming it means a couple inches shorter than a standard queen or something like that but would not want to buy one not knowing the dimensions.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk
It's six inches shorter.
41Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2016, 08:15 AM   #58
DaveC
Pope & Young
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crosby,Tx
Hunt In: Menard & Montgomery County
Default What RV?

We are still in our 2012 Starcraft by Jayco 5th wheel.

If I could do it over again I would pay up for a model with a bedroom slide. But our current one is paid for so I'll just keep using it for now.
This summer we took a 3 week trip to and around the Grand Canyon. At Courtney's (aka Sika) advice we went to North park after doing a few days at the south park. She was right about the North park being awesome and we are glad we visited it. (Thanks for advice Courtney!).
We thoroughly enjoyed the trip and plan on doing more.

Here are a few pics-
Total trip data-



One of the few pics of the truck and trailer I took along the way-



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by DaveC; 11-07-2016 at 08:17 AM..
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2016, 09:32 AM   #59
LWolken
Ten Point
 
LWolken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Woodlands/Conroe
Hunt In: Montgomery & Grimes
Default

We got our feet wet with a pop up camper. It was a step up from tent camping but with a gas furnace and 13,500 Btu AC it was never comfortable temperature wise. Wife needed a better kitchen. After a few years we moved up to a Hybrid Rockwood Roo 233, much better kitchen and bathroom situation but still left a bit to be desired as far as setting up and tear down was concerned. Temps were still a problem with three fold down bunk ends. We eventually sold the Roo and bought our first truck camper off craigs list. With a Honda 2000 watt generator we care completely off the grid, secure, comfortable in winter and summer, easy to drive, park, setup. Not limited by roads etc. Nice to be able to tow a boat, ATV's, trailer and not have to keep up with registration. Below is our first truck camper set up. Though tight on space these things can have all the bells and whistles. Inverter, hot water heater, solar setup, 4 seasons camping, three way fridge etc.


Last edited by LWolken; 11-07-2016 at 09:36 AM..
LWolken is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2016, 12:46 PM   #60
WyoBull
Ten Point
 
WyoBull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Wyoming
Hunt In: Wyoming
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWolken View Post
We got our feet wet with a pop up camper. It was a step up from tent camping but with a gas furnace and 13,500 Btu AC it was never comfortable temperature wise. Wife needed a better kitchen. After a few years we moved up to a Hybrid Rockwood Roo 233, much better kitchen and bathroom situation but still left a bit to be desired as far as setting up and tear down was concerned. Temps were still a problem with three fold down bunk ends. We eventually sold the Roo and bought our first truck camper off craigs list. With a Honda 2000 watt generator we care completely off the grid, secure, comfortable in winter and summer, easy to drive, park, setup. Not limited by roads etc. Nice to be able to tow a boat, ATV's, trailer and not have to keep up with registration. Below is our first truck camper set up. Though tight on space these things can have all the bells and whistles. Inverter, hot water heater, solar setup, 4 seasons camping, three way fridge etc.

We just pulled the trigger on a Northern Lite truck camper. Will get it late January, early February. Can't wait to get it as truck campers really do allow you to get off the grid.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk
WyoBull is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2016, 08:51 AM   #61
Brazos Hunter
Pope & Young
 
Brazos Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Brazos County
Hunt In: Brazos Co, Leon Co, and with God every time I go out.
Default

Y'all have some pretty sweet setups!


Life is too short so live each day as if it were your last! ~Michael
Brazos Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-15-2016, 11:11 AM   #62
Brazos Hunter
Pope & Young
 
Brazos Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Brazos County
Hunt In: Brazos Co, Leon Co, and with God every time I go out.
Default

We modified our trip a bit. Will be at Tres Rios this Saturday-Monday Morning then head over to Cleburne State Park Monday-Wednesday. We prefer State Parks and if the sales people at Tres Rios pressure us too much, we will be heading out anyway.
Brazos Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-15-2016, 11:31 AM   #63
bowsticker
Ten Point
 
bowsticker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brackettville, Texas (Fort Clark Springs)
Hunt In: Schleicher County
Default

2014 Hideout for the lease now....Used to have a 42' Sierra 5th Wheel, but it was just too big
Attached Images
     
bowsticker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-15-2016, 11:38 AM   #64
bowsticker
Ten Point
 
bowsticker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brackettville, Texas (Fort Clark Springs)
Hunt In: Schleicher County
Default

Was using this one, but it was too big...

42' Sierra
Attached Images
      
bowsticker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-15-2016, 11:08 PM   #65
brrdnk
Pope & Young
 
brrdnk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mansfield
Hunt In: Coleman,TX & The "H" Some Years
Default

We took ours out this past weekend on its maiden voyage. We went to Texan RV park in Athens. Really nice place, very well kept, and quite. Has a couple of fishing lakes and a nice clubhouse. They host rally's could be a place to have one. 40 acres in size. Said it would be ok to set up in an area to shoot bows at targets. Just a thought.
http://www.texanrvpark.com/
brrdnk is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-16-2016, 06:50 AM   #66
Low Fence
Pope & Young
 
Low Fence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Quitman, Tx.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrdnk View Post
We took ours out this past weekend on its maiden voyage. We went to Texan RV park in Athens. Really nice place, very well kept, and quite. Has a couple of fishing lakes and a nice clubhouse. They host rally's could be a place to have one. 40 acres in size. Said it would be ok to set up in an area to shoot bows at targets. Just a thought.
http://www.texanrvpark.com/
That could be a good time! We took ours on it's first test run this past weekend also. Went to canton @ mill creek even resort

Now that I have a hitch on mine and have 30+ 3-d targets, I'd be interested if time allows ( April/may) are best for me but I can try to make it whenever we agree
Low Fence is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-18-2016, 07:15 AM   #67
Brazos Hunter
Pope & Young
 
Brazos Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Brazos County
Hunt In: Brazos Co, Leon Co, and with God every time I go out.
Default

I'm hooking up to SeeMore today and heading out. I have to visit with a brother about a hand cannon then I'm hauling tail back home so we can get out of Dodge.

I hate it we will miss the ATM tailgate at Kyle Field with Michael and the gang again but I'll just have to represent in Glen Rose...


Life is too short so live each day as if it were your last! ~Michael
Brazos Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-18-2016, 07:48 AM   #68
fullsizeaggie
Ten Point
 
fullsizeaggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: St. Hedwig
Hunt In: Missouri, East TX
Default

Not the best but a pic of ours.

[IMG][/IMG]
fullsizeaggie is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-18-2016, 08:11 AM   #69
fullsizeaggie
Ten Point
 
fullsizeaggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: St. Hedwig
Hunt In: Missouri, East TX
Default

Let me also add, this past weekend we ran the furnace for 3 nights. Only 2 of the 5 registers are getting heat. The 2 registers that come off the furnace that are overflows or whatever they are called, have lots of air coming out of them. Also, I have 2 spots of the floor that are already bubbling - I think from a previous water leak that was fixed a couple months ago. This Crossroads brand has had a lot of problems FYI.
fullsizeaggie is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-18-2016, 08:18 AM   #70
Lowe
Ten Point
 
Lowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Idalou, Tx
Hunt In: Texas Panhandle
Default

Finally got a pic to load. Usually hunt solo so this is all I needed. Super pleased, basically a heavy duty R-Pod.
Attached Images
 
Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-18-2016, 08:24 AM   #71
Brazos Hunter
Pope & Young
 
Brazos Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Brazos County
Hunt In: Brazos Co, Leon Co, and with God every time I go out.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowe View Post
Finally got a pic to load. Usually hunt solo so this is all I needed. Super pleased, basically a heavy duty R-Pod.


They are just about identical to the R-Pod. Slick little rig! IDK what the axle rating is on that one but I know a few folks that have R-Pods that have swapped the axle out for a heavier one. With the factory one they could barely add 150lbs of cargo before it was maxed out.


Life is too short so live each day as if it were your last! ~Michael
Brazos Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-18-2016, 08:34 AM   #72
Lowe
Ten Point
 
Lowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Idalou, Tx
Hunt In: Texas Panhandle
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
They are just about identical to the R-Pod. Slick little rig! IDK what the axle rating is on that one but I know a few folks that have R-Pods that have swapped the axle out for a heavier one. With the factory one they could barely add 150lbs of cargo before it was maxed out.


Life is too short so live each day as if it were your last! ~Michael
One of the main reasons I went with the Jayco version as it comes standard with the heavier axle and larger tires. I believe this option is only available on the Baja Edition.
Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-18-2016, 09:11 AM   #73
shaft_slinger00
Pope & Young
 
shaft_slinger00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: porter, tx
Hunt In: crockett, county
Default

Jayco jay flight G2 32bhds

Perfect setup for the deer lease with a wife and 2 young kids.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shaft_slinger00 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-18-2016, 03:11 PM   #74
Brazos Hunter
Pope & Young
 
Brazos Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Brazos County
Hunt In: Brazos Co, Leon Co, and with God every time I go out.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowe View Post
One of the main reasons I went with the Jayco version as it comes standard with the heavier axle and larger tires. I believe this option is only available on the Baja Edition.


That's a good deal!



Well, I'm all hooked up and ready. Will hit the road after my brides hair appointment in the morning.




Life is too short so live each day as if it were your last! ~Michael
Brazos Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-20-2016, 05:31 PM   #75
Brazos Hunter
Pope & Young
 
Brazos Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Brazos County
Hunt In: Brazos Co, Leon Co, and with God every time I go out.
Default

We are enjoying our second day at Tres Rios Resort in Glen Rose with an adult beverage and grilling steaks. The hard life I tell you!




Life is too short so live each day as if it were your last! ~Michael
Brazos Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-20-2016, 06:15 PM   #76
lbbf
Ten Point
 
lbbf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lake Jackson
Default

Ya'll have some nice rigs. We are still in a pop-up. Been in it for about 10 years now. Visited somewhere around 23 different Texas state parks and a couple in New Mexico. We are starting to look to upgrade but just can't seem to get out of this one. It's like luxury tent camping. The best of both worlds.
This is it in Palo Duro Canyon
Attached Images
 
lbbf is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-21-2016, 08:20 AM   #77
Brazos Hunter
Pope & Young
 
Brazos Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Brazos County
Hunt In: Brazos Co, Leon Co, and with God every time I go out.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbbf View Post
Ya'll have some nice rigs. We are still in a pop-up. Been in it for about 10 years now. Visited somewhere around 23 different Texas state parks and a couple in New Mexico. We are starting to look to upgrade but just can't seem to get out of this one. It's like luxury tent camping. The best of both worlds.

This is it in Palo Duro Canyon


We loved our popup. It was so easy to tow and didn't kill my mileage. Plus, cross winds weren't near as brutal. The advantages at times almost out weigh the comforts of a bumper pull.

I finally got our hitch setup properly and was able to tow this go round without any trouble. I did only get 8.7mpg average out of our 5.0 with 3.55 gears but it was comfortable to tow so it's a trade off.


Y'all stay safe, enjoy your Monday at work, and plan your next trip now. I'm hooking up to ours as I type this to head to Cleburne State Park some 10 miles past Tres Rios where we are now.

God Bless...


Life is too short so live each day as if it were your last! ~Michael
Brazos Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-21-2016, 10:15 AM   #78
TripletDad
Six Point
 
TripletDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Boerne, TX
Hunt In: Boerne & Junction
Default

Name:  IMG_2947.jpg
Views: 914
Size:  85.0 KB
This is the current setup - 45 ft 2014 Cyclone Toy Hauler. Our third RV and 2nd Cyclone. It is heavy, but pulls ok with my ford dually. I don't usually pull it to the ranch, but the Mrs came along and won't stay in the old cabin.
We average 30-35 nights a year in the RV.
TripletDad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-21-2016, 11:31 AM   #79
Brazos Hunter
Pope & Young
 
Brazos Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Brazos County
Hunt In: Brazos Co, Leon Co, and with God every time I go out.
Default

We are now all setup at Cleburne State Park.







Life is too short so live each day as if it were your last! ~Michael
Brazos Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-21-2016, 11:32 AM   #80
Brazos Hunter
Pope & Young
 
Brazos Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Brazos County
Hunt In: Brazos Co, Leon Co, and with God every time I go out.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDad View Post
Attachment 826179
This is the current setup - 45 ft 2014 Cyclone Toy Hauler. Our third RV and 2nd Cyclone. It is heavy, but pulls ok with my ford dually. I don't usually pull it to the ranch, but the Mrs came along and won't stay in the old cabin.
We average 30-35 nights a year in the RV.


Love it!


Life is too short so live each day as if it were your last! ~Michael
Brazos Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-21-2016, 01:38 PM   #81
Iolabowhunter
Eight Point
 
Iolabowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Iola,Texas
Hunt In: Grimes & Leon Tx. Counties- Lanark, IL -Kansas
Default RV thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
We are now all setup at Cleburne State Park.





Life is too short so live each day as if it were your last! ~Michael
Michael, Cleburne is where we, this year have purchased our first RV. I brought it home set it up and planning a trip during our Christmas break. My wife has been chompin at the bits to make our maiden voyage. We are thinking on heading east towards Tennessee or maybe west to the Davis mountains. As you can tell we are like a kid in a new toy store, don't know where to start. Enjoy your trip, subscribed and following.
Iolabowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-21-2016, 01:57 PM   #82
Brazos Hunter
Pope & Young
 
Brazos Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Brazos County
Hunt In: Brazos Co, Leon Co, and with God every time I go out.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iolabowhunter View Post
Michael, Cleburne is where we, this year have purchased our first RV. I brought it home set it up and planning a trip during our Christmas break. My wife has been chompin at the bits to make our maiden voyage. We are thinking on heading east towards Tennessee or maybe west to the Davis mountains. As you can tell we are like a kid in a new toy store, don't know where to start. Enjoy your trip, subscribed and following.


We have been to Ft. David. Split the drive both ways by staying a night in Kerville. If you go there, be very mindful of the crosswinds on I-10! Other than that, it's a great place. There was an eclectic market in town across from the snake farm that had some awesome yummies! Enjoy your rig, I know we have!


Life is too short so live each day as if it were your last! ~Michael
Brazos Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2017, 03:52 PM   #83
fullsizeaggie
Ten Point
 
fullsizeaggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: St. Hedwig
Hunt In: Missouri, East TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullsizeaggie View Post

I think early june, we bought a 2017 Crossroads Zinger 33BH. ~37ft, 8500-9000 LBS. This one has 2 acs, outside cooking, dual gray tanks and 3 slides. I like how the bathroom is attached to "master". Rear bunkroom with slide in the back. Kitchen has slide has well as the sofa slide. I was happy with the "deal" I got on it, brand new. This trailer pulls and backs just fine, still super easy. I did put 5000lb air bags on my truck though, totally takes care of squatting. Everything in the trailer is just a little nicer than the coachmen. I have had the trailer back to dealer twice for warranty work. Leaking toilets, water heater hoses coming lose and frying solenoids, electric jack solenoids tripping. Otherwise, have not had a problem. Probably wouldn't buy another crossroads product.
Rehashing this. Wondering if I am expecting too much or is this stuff that common on RVs? Did I buy a "cheap" product?

Now over the fall, the furnace has only 2 of 5 registers getting air. The 2 overflow air registers in bunkroom blow like a leaf blower. Kitchen sink leaks at faucet connection. Kitchen floor is wrinkling in a spot or 2. Gasket has torn away from a slide on the outside. Cabinet door is bowing. Some bumper guard along roof line has wiggled out. In 6 months time the trailer has been back to the dealer for the 3rd time (just dropped it off last weekend.)

Is this thing a lemon? We don't live in it but does get used 2-4 days a time a month. Has been towed mostly every use.
fullsizeaggie is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2017, 04:30 PM   #84
Smokeater
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Clifton,Tx
Hunt In: Tree
Default

If you find one that doesn't have a handful of random issues, your lucky. If you find a dealer that can fix em right and get your trailer back to you in a decent amount of time, you are very lucky! The big dealer in Cleburne ain't it.....
A good independent RV tech is very handy! Good luck!
To the OP, we camped at Meridian State Park last weekend in the mucho cold like a buncha idiots!lol I've got a Coachmen 32' bunkhouse, Freedom Express, and it did very well. Group of 5 campers there and there were some folks running out of propane and a water pump gone bad but nothing major! I loaded up my fresh water tank and all went well but the ones who tried to hook up had frozen water supplies in about an hour!Lol
Smokeater is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2017, 11:21 PM   #85
kry226
Ten Point
 
kry226's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Germany
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullsizeaggie View Post
Rehashing this. Wondering if I am expecting too much or is this stuff that common on RVs? Did I buy a "cheap" product?

Now over the fall, the furnace has only 2 of 5 registers getting air. The 2 overflow air registers in bunkroom blow like a leaf blower. Kitchen sink leaks at faucet connection. Kitchen floor is wrinkling in a spot or 2. Gasket has torn away from a slide on the outside. Cabinet door is bowing. Some bumper guard along roof line has wiggled out. In 6 months time the trailer has been back to the dealer for the 3rd time (just dropped it off last weekend.)

Is this thing a lemon? We don't live in it but does get used 2-4 days a time a month. Has been towed mostly every use.
With your air issues, check the hoses going to those registers. We had this issue with warm air not getting to our back bedroom and I finally traced this issue to a blockage created by a couple of mouse nests built inside the hose. We were lucky in that the mouse didn't seem to spend much time there as there was no stink or nastiness, just some old cotton fiber stuffing from an old easy chair stored in the same shop as our trailer.

Of course, the hoses may have disconnected from the registers too. Hope this helps.
kry226 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2017, 11:40 PM   #86
kry226
Ten Point
 
kry226's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Germany
Default

Here's ours. 2010 Airstream Classic Limited 30. 50 amp service, two a/c's, vinyl flooring throughout (no carpet). I have to admit, it's quirky and not for everyone, but it has stood the test and come through marvelously. The first pic is from the "Polar Vortex" January 2014 in Maryland (DC area) when temps got down to a couple degrees below zero. We actually live in it for a couple of months during this time (Christmas through Feb). No busted pipes and we never had to make that "walk of shame" to the bath house because our trailer was out of commission. Many in the camp had to. Our dump valves did freeze, but a Little Buddy heater took care of that in short order. We're very thankful for the trailer and it has been a blessing to us as we own a small ranch with no house yet in the panhandle and we take the trailer when we go out there.

Biggest modifications have been changing up to 16" E-rated Michelin LTX light truck tires and ProPride P3 hitch. For those of you with bumper pull trailer sway issues you just cannot get under control, check out the ProPride. It's high dollar, but since I have so far been unable to put a price on safe towing, it's been worth every penny. It'll cure what sways ya.









kry226 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2017, 07:29 AM   #87
Rubi513
Pope & Young
 
Rubi513's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Conroe
Hunt In: Walker County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kry226 View Post
Here's ours. 2010 Airstream Classic Limited 30. 50 amp service, two a/c's, vinyl flooring throughout (no carpet). I have to admit, it's quirky and not for everyone, but it has stood the test and come through marvelously. The first pic is from the "Polar Vortex" January 2014 in Maryland (DC area) when temps got down to a couple degrees below zero. We actually live in it for a couple of months during this time (Christmas through Feb). No busted pipes and we never had to make that "walk of shame" to the bath house because our trailer was out of commission. Many in the camp had to. Our dump valves did freeze, but a Little Buddy heater took care of that in short order. We're very thankful for the trailer and it has been a blessing to us as we own a small ranch with no house yet in the panhandle and we take the trailer when we go out there.

Biggest modifications have been changing up to 16" E-rated Michelin LTX light truck tires and ProPride P3 hitch. For those of you with bumper pull trailer sway issues you just cannot get under control, check out the ProPride. It's high dollar, but since I have so far been unable to put a price on safe towing, it's been worth every penny. It'll cure what sways ya.
I have always wanted a Airstream.
Very nice!
Rubi513 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2017, 07:42 AM   #88
roysmoke
Ten Point
 
roysmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Austin
Hunt In: Hill Country
Cool

73 Silver Streak. The thing is nearly all original other than new plumbing and AC. It seems to be indestructible.
Attached Images
 
roysmoke is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-19-2017, 07:46 PM   #89
Iolabowhunter
Eight Point
 
Iolabowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Iola,Texas
Hunt In: Grimes & Leon Tx. Counties- Lanark, IL -Kansas
Default


In for gathering somewhere.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Iolabowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-19-2017, 07:57 PM   #90
wsteffen
Ten Point
 
wsteffen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Humble, TX
Hunt In: Jewitt, TX or any where else I can find to go
Default

Don't want to pull a trailer anymore. This is a lot easier to drive.
Attached Images
 
wsteffen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-19-2017, 09:31 PM   #91
whitecrow
Four Point
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Crosby, Tx
Default

I've always heard it's not if, but when, the slides begin to leak. Neither of our lease campers have slides, but would like the extra room. Seems it's getting tough to find trailers without slides, too.
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2017, 01:19 PM   #92
Brazos Hunter
Pope & Young
 
Brazos Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Brazos County
Hunt In: Brazos Co, Leon Co, and with God every time I go out.
Default

I figure if ours begins to leak, it's time to trade it in




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brazos Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2017, 01:56 PM   #93
bullhead44
Ten Point
 
bullhead44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: collinsville tx
Default What RV?

Have had several. Switched from a double slide fifth wheel back to a no slide bumper a couple of years ago. My wife didn't like all the carpet that I seemed to always be getting dirth in the fifth wheel, and the mice always found a way in the slides. We went with a very simple toy hauler. It is a work n play, so it is not fancy at all. It works great for what we need. Has a 12 foot garage in the back with rhino lined floor, so it can haul a lot of stuff. Has a full size Murphy bed in the garage and a jack knife couch in the living area. There is plenty of room for people to sleep in the garage area if need be. Its not bad, but gets a little cramped after about a week staying in it. Its a little long for a bumper pull at 34ft, but it pulls pretty well.
bullhead44 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2017, 03:06 PM   #94
41Chevy
Pope & Young
 
41Chevy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mile Marker ???
Hunt In: Canada, Mexico (One time only)
Default

Started with a 27 ft bumper pull. Now HA 40ft Fleetwood.
Sold our house October 2015 and have been full-time ever since. 32,000 miles and 48 states done.











Did get rid of the crappy sofas and put in Lazi Boy.


Last edited by 41Chevy; 02-10-2017 at 03:10 PM..
41Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2017, 04:18 PM   #95
Brazos Hunter
Pope & Young
 
Brazos Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Brazos County
Hunt In: Brazos Co, Leon Co, and with God every time I go out.
Default

BTW, we are currently setup at Mother Neff St Park. Arrived yesterday and will head back home Sunday.

I've made reservations through July thus far. One trip every month to a different St Park. July we will spend a couple weeks (-) at Palo Duro Canyon




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brazos Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2017, 09:35 AM   #96
DaveC
Pope & Young
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crosby,Tx
Hunt In: Menard & Montgomery County
Default What RV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
BTW, we are currently setup at Mother Neff St Park. Arrived yesterday and will head back home Sunday.

I've made reservations through July thus far. One trip every month to a different St Park. July we will spend a couple weeks (-) at Palo Duro Canyon




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like fun, except---->

In my limited experience with Palo Duro in July- it was HOT.
Like 115 in the canyon where the park is hot.
We lasted maybe an hour before loading up and getting out of there- went to the next destination a day early to escape the oven.
Here's a pic I snapped on our way iut before it toggled over to 115-


Just throwing that out there incase you weren't aware.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by DaveC; 02-12-2017 at 09:42 AM..
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2017, 11:11 AM   #97
pblaetz
Pope & Young
 
pblaetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ringoes, NJ
Hunt In: McCoy TX
Default

Decided to get a pop up last spring. The one I bought (2006 Fleetwood Santa Fe) had roof rails that would accommodate a rack system. My daughter suggested we get some kayaks. This has worked well, we can take 3 kayaks and 3 bikes with us. I can load everything myself. I don't have a truck now so I'm limited to the weight I can tow but this set up suits me fine. Spent the past 2 weeks in FL camping and fishing. My wife flew down for a few days.








Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pblaetz is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2017, 03:48 PM   #98
Iolabowhunter
Eight Point
 
Iolabowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Iola,Texas
Hunt In: Grimes & Leon Tx. Counties- Lanark, IL -Kansas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pblaetz View Post
Decided to get a pop up last spring. The one I bought (2006 Fleetwood Santa Fe) had roof rails that would accommodate a rack system. My daughter suggested we get some kayaks. This has worked well, we can take 3 kayaks and 3 bikes with us. I can load everything myself. I don't have a truck now so I'm limited to the weight I can tow but this set up suits me fine. Spent the past 2 weeks in FL camping and fishing. My wife flew down for a few days.








Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Sweet, I'm wanting a kayak myself, just hadn't figured a way to carry it. The Hobbies are heavy for a 61 year old weakling .


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Iolabowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-27-2017, 12:32 PM   #99
fullsizeaggie
Ten Point
 
fullsizeaggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: St. Hedwig
Hunt In: Missouri, East TX
Default

For those of you who have bought new trailers, how many times did it need service or repair within the first year? As I have posted before, we are having some substantial issues with ours. The dealer says EVERY trailer is seen at least 3-4 within the first year. Really?
fullsizeaggie is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-27-2017, 12:50 PM   #100
mastercraftka
Six Point
 
mastercraftka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: TEXAS
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullsizeaggie View Post
For those of you who have bought new trailers, how many times did it need service or repair within the first year? As I have posted before, we are having some substantial issues with ours. The dealer says EVERY trailer is seen at least 3-4 within the first year. Really?
I could be here hours explaining my last 2.5 years of rv ownership. Long story short had to get rid of first one bc it was a lemon the replacement is better but stil has had problems.

The RV industry is a joke and they prey on ignorance and the fact that most people only use their rv's a couple times per year. The do not get in a hurry when trying to fix anything. It is a joke.
mastercraftka is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com