No announcement yet.

Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been on the diet 10days. Bought some of the urine strips but just barely getting a light red tint. How accurate are these strips, anyone else use them to know if your in Ketosis?

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
      Can anyone provide some cost saving measures to this lifestyle? I spend way to much money at the store.
      Its more expensive! Organics and you have to throw out half your food and buy new low carb high fat stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by coop2564 View Post
        I've been on the diet 10days. Bought some of the urine strips but just barely getting a light red tint. How accurate are these strips, anyone else use them to know if your in Ketosis?
        Strips are the least accurate of all the testing devices. Accuracy in order of most to least.

Blood meter - like diabetics use to check sugar but for ketones.
        Breath - Rumor is their is on on the market now just as good as blood.
        Strips - least reliable.

Your first time doing keto will take longer. What is the break down of your macros? I like to test mine in the morning. It seams to be the most accurate at that time. If you drink a lot of water, this will dilute your urine specimen and make it appear lower than it actually is. That's why I prefer 1st thing in the am.

Intermittent Fasting will also help put you in to ketosis faster.

Comment

Originally posted by coop2564 View Post
          Its more expensive! Organics and you have to throw out half your food and buy new low carb high fat stuff.
          I'm the only one in my house on Keto.

Comment

Originally posted by bps3040 View Post
            On Facebook, Ketogenic success. I have used Ruled me on the web

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            Which one there's like five named the same thing?

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
              Can anyone provide some cost saving measures to this lifestyle? I spend way to much money at the store.
              IT IS SO EXPENSIVE. A lot of the ingredients I use for stuff, I have to get at Whole Foods. I leave there feeling pretty defeated every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mann Eye-Ashley View Post
                IT IS SO EXPENSIVE. A lot of the ingredients I use for stuff, I have to get at Whole Foods. I leave there feeling pretty defeated every time.
                Yeah it is and it is making it hard to follow. I need to cut back a little and the amount I spend at the store, around $20ish daily. I eat between 3000-3500 cal per day, 6'4 and 283.

Comment

I need to add in more hard boiled eggs. That'll help. My daily staples are beef, sausage, cheeses, salami, pepperoni, macadamia nuts, pumpkin seeds, salads, blue cheese or ranch dressing, heavy whipping cream, Kerry Gold butter and of course coconut oil. I like avocado's but they were $2.28 each for the larges at HEB today.
                  Last edited by icetrauma; 09-13-2017, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Only the wealthy eat healthy.

Comment

Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Thread has gone cold. I finally customized my nutrition goals and started tracking in MFP. Yesterday was a typical day. I can't possibly eat all my workout calories and most days can't even get to the regular goal. Could be why I'm only dropping 1lb a week?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am at about 1-1.6 pounds a week too.

No exercise bit a little walking. Last two weeks have been a bust for me. Will try and return to ketosis ove r thee weekend.

Hanging around just south if 230 for 2 plus weeks

Comment

I started 4 weeks ago. Only weigh once a week. Last Saturday at 3 weeks had lost 22 lbs. Just ate a bunless bacon cheese burger, salad w/ranch and a Alvacado, I'm stuffed and dropping weight like crazy. Who would of thought!

Comment

On the other end of the spectrum, I was discussing meal plans with a patient this morning that is bulking for a body building competition next year. He is eating 5,500 calories a day in the form of 8 shakes. Hardcore...
                            I will be starting a patient on keto diet in two weeks and will ask if I can post his progress. Started him on 100 carb diet this week to make the transition into ketosis easier.
                            Keep up the great job everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                              On the other end of the spectrum, I was discussing meal plans with a patient this morning that is bulking for a body building competition next year. He is eating 5,500 calories a day in the form of 8 shakes. Hardcore...
                              I will be starting a patient on keto diet in two weeks and will ask if I can post his progress. Started him on 100 carb diet this week to make the transition into ketosis easier.
                              Keep up the great job everyone.
                              I followed the traditional bodybuilding bro diet for a long time. Had to eat to much food and drink to many shakes to get in the necessary amount of protein. Sometimes it sucks being a bigger guy...no bragging. All those protein shakes made me an outcast. The expulsion of gas made no one want to be around me. It even offended me at times.

Comment

Ha ha there are some powdered supper greens in there.

Comment

Working...
                                X