Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 09-13-2017, 10:38 AM   #51
breederbuck33
Ten Point

Harvey didn't flood my lease, but it kept us from going to fill feeders and tweak blinds... Gotta try to find a weekend between now and then to get that stuff situated so that we will actually be able to hunt when we are finally able to take time off and head up there.
breederbuck33 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-13-2017, 10:56 AM   #52
libertybow
Eight Point

Not even close. I don't know where the time went.
libertybow is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-13-2017, 11:03 AM   #53
gonehuntin68
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Victoria county

I'm normally always ready since I hunt all year but Harvey has screwed me. My lease was under 10ft of water. I was finally able to make it out to my lease yesterday and all 9 of my 1000# feeders got flooded. I got most the moldy corn out of 5 of them but 2 of them are still in 3+ feet of water. Had 2 tree's fall that had stands in them and had 2 platform stands blown over. 3 feeder lids blown off and and 2 tripods crushed by falling tree's. All 10 of my feeder lights were flooded and ruined. Gonna take me some time to get all set back up. Luckily enough I parked my Polaris Ranger just high enough it didn't get flooded.
gonehuntin68 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-13-2017, 11:04 AM   #54
Casey
Administrator

I should be, but I'm not. I have feeders and stands ready on a new lease, but there are several other things I wanted to have accomplished that I have not gotten around to doing. I have a few more weekends to try to knock 'em out.
Casey is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-13-2017, 11:13 AM   #55
gonehuntin68
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Victoria county

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearintex View Post
You'd be surprised how fast they come back. My area was under 3-4' of water for almost 2 weeks and I saw a bunch of deer there yesterday, just 4 days after the water dropped.
Yep, I've been hunting a area for many years that floods and as soon as the water goes off the property the animals are back. My place was under 10ft of water from Harvey and the water finally receded of the property on Sunday and I already saw several deer and many hog tracks and rooting on Tuesday.
gonehuntin68 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-13-2017, 12:20 PM   #56
texan4ut
Ten Point

Hunt In: Where I can, Terrell County

I am not ready. Too much been going on. Going to try and pick up my feeder I bought in May and get it up and running. My niece is getting married on the the 6th of October so probably won't hunt the opener anyway.
texan4ut is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-13-2017, 02:05 PM   #57
BBReezen
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Motley, Cottle, Tyler, Jasper counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambo73 View Post
Dude, whats up with your bow? id be happy to hunt your spot til you are ready
Wel I got a new rest that doesn't fit, but I took my other rest off and cut the pull rope off it. Plus it will need re-sighiting and slight tune. And I need batteries for mysight light.

I would say have at itbut there is not a chair in it and the battery I'd probably dead . I haven't checked cards in a few weeks and there may not be anything to shoot

Plus I had planned on building a platform out of an old hay ring to raise my blind up about 3' and that hasn't happened yet either
BBReezen is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-13-2017, 02:10 PM   #58
sambo73
Pope & Young

Hunt In: van zandt and coleman counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBReezen View Post
Wel I got a new rest that doesn't fit, but I took my other rest off and cut the pull rope off it. Plus it will need re-sighiting and slight tune. And I need batteries for mysight light.

I would say have at itbut there is not a chair in it and the battery I'd probably dead . I haven't checked cards in a few weeks and there may not be anything to shoot

Plus I had planned on building a platform out of an old hay ring to raise my blind up about 3' and that hasn't happened yet either

Thats why i shoot a wb rest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sambo73 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-13-2017, 02:29 PM   #59
BigJimmyRustler
Four Point

Hunt In: Hamilton

I feed year round so thats a non issue but I need to get up there this weekend to cut some limbs, put out a pop-up, and pull the cards and hope I see something encouraging on 'em for a change because up to this point I haven't seen anything head turning. Praying for rain soon so the wheat fields around us will go to work and draw in some of the big boys like they usually do.
BigJimmyRustler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-13-2017, 08:29 PM   #60
Gummi Bear
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Comanche & Eastland

I haven't finished building the Bronco, and I promised Mrs that I would before bow season.

I need to hurry

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau
Gummi Bear is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-13-2017, 08:46 PM   #61
slicktree
Eight Point

Hunt In: Uvalde, Bandera, and Kerr county

Im kind of ready this will be my first yr bowhunting and atill have alot of work to do.
slicktree is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top