Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > The Other Side of the Ranch (Firearms)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2017, 05:46 AM   #1
Horitexan
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brushy Hill Ranch, Sabinal, TX
Default Have you ever seen a Drilling?

Have you ever seen a Drilling? It's a double barreled, side by side, shotgun with a single shot rifle barrel. It is specially designed for a Treibjagdt - a.k.a. a drive hunt. Hunters in Europe will form a line about 80-100 yards apart and people from town will walk, in a line, through the woods pushing game towards the hunters. A Drilling allowed the hunters to be prepared for everything from a pheasant to a red stag, a roe deer to a hare to a wild pig. I just inherited my grandfather's Drilling, from Germany, and it's in the most pristine condition I've ever seen a Drilling! Every hunter that was at my uncle's funeral saw it at the party at one of our hunting camps and they were shocked at the good condition - especially since it's from the late '40s or early '50s. Since I've never seen one in the US, I figured some people might be interested to see it.

It's a Kreighoff Drilling with a Hensoldt scope - Zeiss in West Germany until Zeiss in East Germany was reunited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Horitexan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top