Views:	1
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	23832102

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0061 (Medium).JPG
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	23832103

I just saw that Lucky 2's right main beam is broken on the end in that last picture. I thought it "wrapped" when I first saw it.

Comment

Yep, you had lots of those kinds of pics. Your blind also needs some work. Need to get Cindy down there and put her to work. LOL

Comment

Wrapper? here he is. He uses about 3 different protein feeders.

Name:	close.JPG
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	23832109

Depending on what he does, he'll probably get one more year.

Lucky (if he's alive), Lucky 2, White Eyes (if he's alive), sleepy, vallhalla 10, Wide 8, Houdini, possibly Heartattack Kid, Wide Chocolate 8, Freak, maybe FYB. All will be old enough to kill next year.

Comment

Looks like that one buck got into it with a chainsaw.

John, I know most of the bucks on the Junco will drop their horns later in the month, but you think some will drop a little sooner? Say before this work weekend? We got pics of this buck in mid Feb. without his horns. Strange that he dropped them that early.

Name:	the black buck 02.27.08 010.jpg
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	23832112

Comment

got any cactus on that place SW of the metro?

Great pics, keep them coming.

Comment

That bull sure was happy!

Comment

Keith found a dropped horn last time we were there right in the road to the Hidey Hole pen, still with blood on the base. It wasn't there the day before as I drove the road in my Ranger several times. There will still be deer with horns, but they're probably dead in the middle of shedding. Good chance to find some at the pens if the hog hunters didn't get them first.

Comment

Nice pics Doc. You got it all. Venison, beef, turkey and coon. What else could a man ask for.

Comment

Yeah John, hopefully we will find some this weekend. We set up a new pen along the creek in Past 15 last week of season. That creek is thick! Can't wait to scout it.

Comment

John, have you ever called them coons? Good friend of mine has some kind of electronic call with a recording called "coon puppies".....they will darn near get in the truck with you! You can turn the red light on, kill a couple, go dark and turn the coon puppies back on.......then turn the red light on and kill some more. A little bird squeaker mouth call is pretty deadly on'em too.

I'll sneak up on the feeders at night with no lights on the truck, when I turn on the head lights real close to the pen they'll tree up real quick.......then go to work with .22 or .410.......or both.

Comment

Take plenty of ammo.....

Comment

May have to go with the coon sniping if we're going to get them under control. Blade's ready and so is my .17. Time to "liquify the lungs". I'll look for that call. We have electronic calls. May be time to break it out. Once treed, they're MINE!

15 has some of the thickest stuff on the ranch, James. It doesn't lend itself to rifle hunting long senderos, so you may have a little paradise in the future.

Yem, Tmag, we've got it all. Only problem is they won't let us shoot the beef critters.

Comment

Great pics!

Comment

Working...
                            X