No announcement yet.

Prayers for Mary and Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So sorry for your loss. Praying for peace and comfort for you, your Mom, and loved ones.

Comment

My condolences Mary. So sorry for your loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks again. It has been a difficult last few days. But, I want to tell a little more about what happened.

I now know my brother had cold type symptoms 2 weeks ago. He was in Vegas last week working the CES convention for Dell. (I'll expand more on that in just a minute.) He wasn't feeling well there and did not attend the Thursday night close out dinner with his crew and marketing team (which was very unusual). He flew out the next day sitting with his co-worker and mentioned how bad he felt. His back was really hurting him (he had a history of back issues) and that he was going to have to go to the chiropractor the next day. He was still feeling ill and didn't show up for work on Wednesday, or contact them.... this is when I received the call.

I feel like I am a pretty dang reliable person, but I may end up a little late here and there. THAT did not apply to my brother. He was VERY reliable and never late. Alarm bells were going off at work and they contacted me and the Wellness Check began. This was an all morning, excruciating process. The police went to his apartment, knocked.....and then left when there was no answer. I was stunned that was all they would do...and quite irritated! I contacted a friend of his who went over to look for his car. It was there and that was basically that phone call that I knew something was VERY, VERY wrong. I won't go in to the details on how his apartment was opened as it could cause trouble....but it was opened and he was found on the couch as if he was watching tv. All signs point to a heart attack, but he had other known kidney issues that have caused us to be in a "pending" mode on the cause. It's all been heartbreaking as he was only 50 years old....way too young for this to happen. And....there was a hospital one block away and a Medical Clinic one block the other direction. I feel like whatever was going on....he felt like he could power through it, which would be typical for him.

To go back to Dell....we learned at his service that my brother was one of less than a 1000 people in the world that could do what he did....WHAT?!?!?! He had NEVER, EVER relayed this information to us. That is how humble he was. We knew he was a System Engineer...but we did not know to the extent how deep he was in to that position. How do you have that kind of talent and your family is not quite aware of it?!?!?!

His Dell co-workers were so kind and so clearly touched by my brother. A few of them got up to speak at the service and it was heart warming to hear.

With all that said....I have to plead...if you are feeling bad, please don't try to power through something. I honestly feel it he would have gone to the ER when he arrived back from Vegas, the situation would be very different.

Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers as we have gone through this. Please keep my mom in your thoughts. I said it before and still say....I pray to never be in her position. It is one of the worst things to face as a parent.

Comment

Prayers up Mary. I lost my brother in May of 2017 and the loss of a sibling is tough. Lot's harder than losing my parents.

Comment

Mary, your brother sounds like a fine feller. You and your family are in our prayers.

Comment

Prayers sent for you and your family!

Comment

Very sad! Prayers

Comment

Prayers sent for you and your family

Comment

Man Mary that is tough to read but a good PSA for all the macho men (and women), listen to your body when it’s teying to tell you something.
                    Prayers for you and your family!

Comment

My sweet friend... your family, loved ones and his Dell family are in my prayers.. May God give you the peace that only he can provide during this time and the understanding. Stand with him, beside him, in his lap, wherever you need to be in his comfort.. Hugs.

Comment

Working...
                      X