Oil spots on concrete removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil spots on concrete removal

So the old truck developed a leak at a faulty plastic oil pan and bled on the driveway.. pan has been fixed.. but how do i get that oil up?
    Pressure washer didnt touch it ..

There is purple power, goop with a brush or really good power washer

Comment

Last edited by Shu; 11-26-2019, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Good luck. I'm sure you can lighten it, but you won't be able to get rid of it. And if you do you sir will become a millionaire [emoji16]. Don't use acid.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Get some of what we call "dry sweep" or unscented, colorless cat litter. Sprinkle over the oil and with a hard-bottomed boot or shoe, grind the litter into the oil spot...like you were doing "The Twist."

I've cleaned up gallons of oil this way in the Army.

Comment

...**** . Been so long since ive had this issue. Thought for sure there would be a walmart fix by now, other than a re-pour

Comment

Originally posted by kry226 View Post
              Get some of what we call "dry sweep" or unscented, colorless cat litter. Sprinkle over the oil and with a hard-bottomed boot or shoe, grind the litter into the oil spot...like you were doing "The Twist."

I've cleaned up gallons of oil this way in the Army.
              Had it on there for a week.. .driving over it.. it got the top "wet" oil...but not doing anything for whats embedded

Comment

Just spray the rest of the driveway with oil so it matches. Problem solved.

Comment

Dawn and purple power, followed by dry sweep. Let the sun hit it and will be gone in a few weeks. My Scout left it’s mark everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                    I like the way u think.

Comment

Guy at office said this stuff called 'chomp pull it out" got good reviews with pics on amazon...
                      Might give it a shot before i spray the driveway down with 30weight

Comment

Ive got purple stuff...ill give that a go and then try this chomp stuff after

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                          Perfect. We use to do breakchecks like that thy whole floor was black and beautiful

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Tied laundry detergent, the granular type. Let it soak up the oil (a day or three). Then hose down the drive. I sometimes just put a light thin layer. Then wait for a good rain to wash it away. For bigger spills, put plenty down to soak it up and contain it. When done, shovel off the biggest portion after absorbing. Then hose down the rest. If a spot remains, it will go away after a couple of good rains. The Tied will penetrate the oil in the porous concrete. The rise to the surface come the first good rain. Water is heavier than oil.

Been using Tied for about 42 years now. It used to be a pretty popular topic that every mechanic and machinist knew when I was a very young man. Heck, some of the full service gas stations and shops I worked at when I was young used it in their bays and shops. Don't really understand why more older people don't remember this? Maybe "oil sorb" aka kitty litter, made folks forget?
                            Last edited by Texas Grown; 11-26-2019, 06:48 AM.

Comment

Tagged. Don’t you love it when your company’s vehicle has an oil or diesel leak. Especially when you work at keeping your vehicles repaired properly.

Comment

Working...
                              X