No announcement yet.

A couple sausage making questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, two valves at bottom. One to fill and one to drain. We have a foot pedal valve for control

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

I season before I grind.

Hand crank is fine. I’d use it for sausage and chubs.

Comment

Do y'all add fat to your cubed meat pre grind?

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
          This is our stuffer. Made of 8" pipe. Basically a giant syringe. Water pushes up da plunger with the meat on top. The stainless horn bolts on the top.

How did you build the plunger? I never thought about building Something like that. I work on valves that work on the same principal, using air instead of water. I may try to build something like this using air. Sure beats hand cranking. Lol. Do you get any water leak by?

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
            How did you build the plunger? I never thought about building Something like that. I work on valves that work on the same principal, using air instead of water. I may try to build something like this using air. Sure beats hand cranking. Lol. Do you get any water leak by?
            The plunger is machined out of the plastic stuff the make cutting boards out of. It's 4 inches thick and has 2 gaskets around it. Zero water leaks by. Air compresses so u will likely end up wit a sausage explosion. Water does not compress

Comment

The plunger is machined out of the plastic stuff the make cutting boards out of. It's 4 inches thick and has 2 gaskets around it. Zero water leaks by. Air compresses so u will likely end up wit a sausage explosion. Water does not compress

It would work the same with air as it would with water, air would have to be regulated down to the point the plunger moves slowly. Air doesn’t compress unless you have a compressor. I’m going to build one with air and will report back.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                It would work the same with air as it would with water, air would have to be regulated down to the point the plunger moves slowly. Air doesn’t compress unless you have a compressor. I’m going to build one with air and will report back.
                Alrighty

Comment

This is our stuffer. Made of 8" pipe. Basically a giant syringe. Water pushes up da plunger with the meat on top. The stainless horn bolts on the top.

I have a water stuffer too . Like this set up better . Mine is a 6 in I think . Holds about 20lbs kinda a pain to get the plunger back to reload it .

Comment

So does anyone have a "how to" on tying the links with butcher string for hanging?

Comment

A couple sausage making questions

Originally posted by Duzy View Post
                      So does anyone have a "how to" on tying the links with butcher string for hanging?

We stopped tying years ago and /twist the ends. Pinch an
                      inch (see meatballs in the bowl) from each end and twist. No string, no tying and the smoker (even cold smoked) closes it up great

Last edited by Smart; 02-16-2020, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        We stopped tying years ago and /twist the ends. Pinch an
                        inch from each end and twist. No string, no tying and the smoker (even cold smoked) closes it up great
                        So instead of hanging the sausage from then end, you hang it from the middle?

Comment

Yes

Comment

Yes on rebar. Just like you see in the pics. No issues whatsoever

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Yes on rebar. Just like you see in the pics. No issues whatsoever

Thanks very much.

I get to...

Comment

Working...
                              X