No announcement yet.

2020 Official Astros - Off Season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol, have to love the concern of the Rangers fans. My guess is the Arlington crew will be pretty quiet come September.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txbowkill View Post
        Lol, have to love the concern of the Rangers fans. My guess is the Arlington crew will be pretty quiet come September.

The pressure for your guys to perform at similar levels as the past is going to be an interesting national watch. They are all going to be under heavy scrutiny ... much like the folks on steroids going from 50+HRs to 20-25. Gonna be fun fun on the Twittererz..
        Last edited by Smart; 02-16-2020, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]..... he mad!![emoji23][emoji23]

Excellent photoshop skills[emoji23]
          Last edited by Smart; 02-16-2020, 05:42 AM.

Comment

Man you rangers fans....... LMAO

Get over it, and get back to us when they take that trophy back.

In the meantime, I’ll be catching up on this thread and handing out a ration of S%#*

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]..... he mad!![emoji23][emoji23]

Lol nah. Just sending smoke back. I can’t imagine of the rolls were reversed and the Rangers were in the the stros shoes.

Comment

President was killed in Dallas...

I heard we are going to give trashcans and buzzers a try in the new stadium so we can finally get one ourselves
                You guys ever gonna stop with the buzzer bull***?? Seriously. It was debunked by MLB investigators themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by mr. buck View Post
                  So aaron boone and chapman whining, guess what, your team was the first one fined for using technology back in 2017 with YES network cameras. Astros actually got screwed by Red Sox using in 2018 when Astros had ceased. Lastly, the worst kept secret in baseball is that Chase Utley sits in a video room at Chavez Ravine since his retirement watching replay feed and relays to the dugout. So yes, everyone victimized by Astros taking an edge were doing same things themselves. Like SEC football recruiting, if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying!

The above is part of my issue with all this. MLB is throwing the Stros under the bus to make an example. This was going on league wide, in some form or fashion! So much so, a league wide Memo was sent out in September of ‘17.

They are ****ting on a championship that a franchise and city have been waiting in for 60 years. All in an attempt to once and for all shut it down, league wide.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                    You guys ever gonna stop with the buzzer bull***?? Seriously. It was debunked by MLB investigators themselves.

Sure... let me extend a handshake in apology....

Comment

[QUOTE=Smart;14705576]Sure... let me extend a handshake in apology....

Be butt-hurt all you want bud. It’s just blatantly false.

Comment

[quote=JLivi1224;14705578]
                        Sure... let me extend a handshake in apology....

Be butt-hurt all you want bud. It’s just blatantly false.

Wait... you are calling ME butthurt? Your sense of humor is **** poor. Live a little ..

Comment

How am I acting butthurt, exactly?

The sign stealing thing is and always has been part of the game. Many if not all teams were involved in digital sign stealing. Otherwise, I’m supposed to believe that the whole league knew about and then just let the Astros be the only ones that were doing it? Get real, man. Something as blatantly obvious is banging a trashcan. You honestly think if the other teams weren’t guilty of something similar that they wouldn’t have raised a stink about it prior to now? I have nothing to be butthurt about.
                          There’s a 2017 World Series champions banner hanging.

Did you guys lose 100 games again last year? Doing your best Astro’s 2011, ‘12 & ‘13 impression? It’s tough. Hang in there.

*** I’ll work on that sense of humor***. We are all family here when it counts, but that’s shows how little we actually know about each other **

Maybe someone who personally knows me will chime in on that. It’s a really funny statement.
                          Last edited by JLivi1224; 02-16-2020, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                            How am I acting butthurt, exactly?

The sign stealing thing is and always has been part of the game. I have nothing to be butthurt about.
                            There’s a 2017 World Series champions banner hanging.

Did you guys lose 100 games again last year? Doing your best Astro’s 2011, ‘12 & ‘13 impression? It’s tough. Hang in there.

1). By your reactions ...I’m just hacking on Astros fans a little because of the national level cheating scandal news. Absolutely zero butthurt here.

2). Sure sign stealing is part of the game. Just not electronically. That banner ... congratulations btw....I know y’all waited a long, long time to get it and thought you’d finally reached the promise land and it was legit free and clear but it will always have that cheating stigma attached to it... sadly enough. Much like Bonds HR title or McGuire breaking Roger Maris’ record, initially, there will always be that “but” or “too bad they” line following it.

3). Again? What? We haven’t lost 100 games in a long time. 72-73 I think [emoji23]. Hopefully before my lifetime they can win a WS free and clear of any scandals... luckily I have seen my Cowboys win several... plus the Stars and Mavs. ... [emoji23]
                            Last edited by Smart; 02-16-2020, 06:29 AM.

Comment

1). By your reactions ...I’m just hacking on Astros fans a little because of the national level cheating scandal news. Absolutely zero butthurt here.

2). Sure sign stealing is part of the game. Just not electronically. That banner ... congratulations btw....I know y’all waited a long, long time to get it and thought you’d finally reached the promise land and it was legit free and clear but it will always have that cheating stigma attached to it... sadly enough. Much like Bonds HR title or McGuire breaking Roger Maris’ record, initially, there will always be that “but” or “too bad they” line following it.

3). Again? What? We haven’t lost 100 games in a long time. 72-73 I think [emoji23]. Hopefully before my lifetime they can win a WS free and clear of any scandals... luckily I have seen my Cowboys win several... plus the Stars and Mavs. ... [emoji23]

Bolded- Then what are we talking about here?

Hey hey let’s not insert basketball into a sports conversation. Come on man.

My reactions are just due to me being tired of the buzzer stuff, mostly. I think objectively, one would have to view them as simply the most talented team in baseball for the last few years.

I don’t think you can point to this in the same breath as the steroid era homerun show. There are many many metrics that the 17 Stros were top 3 in the league. The homerun records were individual achievements, by definitions achieved by one man, and his actions alone were the Only variable (controlled by that team) of the ensuing records.

A lot more than good hitting goes into your team winning a World Series. You’ll have to trust me for now

Thank you for the congrats!

Comment

Who had Carlos Correa being the face of the scandal lol ?!? Dude has been impressive. Let’s keep his slander down til at least his play warrants it.

If they can weather the storm and deal with the mental aspect of it all, the chip on the Stros shoulder(no pun intended) should be deep. A lull after multiple championship runs tend to happen in sports, but I think we see some great ball this year. Bregman, McCullers and Verlander should thrive

MLB would be smart to flex the Astros to play every Sunday night game on the road this year. Ratings would be wild.

Comment

Working...
                                X