Why I think they can never take our guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why I think they can never take our guns

Setting around with a bunch of old men discussing all the hubbub about gun control last night and came up with a thought.

I don't believe our government can ever really come after our guns for two reasons.

First and foremost is that we have them so vastly out numbered.
    I know pretty much every local officer in my county. Among them there is not a man willing to attempt to disarm law abiding citizens. Not only are they out numbered 1000 to 1, they well know a lot of us are equipped with some really cool class III arms and thermal equipment they they do not have.
    Look how much chaos one man caused in Austin. Now imagine if there was a few thousand folks setting off bombs around the county.

Second and the main reason is that we are the blood supply of the parasite that is our government. If they decide to seize all firearms and we refuse, what then. They either have to kill us to take them or put us in prison.

Then who will pay taxes???

Our government is funded by the money they take from us and the products we produce. If they kill or jail us, who is left to pay for the jails? Who will pay for schools or the sheriffs department if everybody is either in jail or dead?
    I don't believe that the powers that be would ever run the risk of cutting off their own gravy train by passing a law that would put them in a position that they either had to kill off or jail the very people that provide the money they exist on.

I have never been to jail. Heck I have not even had a speeding ticket in the last 30 years. Turning me into a criminal instead of a law abiding tax payer is something that no one with any real sense could ever think was a good ideal.

You make some good points. I have always thought it would be hard to find many LEOs who would be willing to participate in confiscating guns from the law abiding. Some would of course - historically there has been much worse done in the name of "just following orders". Confiscation might work to some degree in some really blue/progressive states but in the south and west? I think most people in power- even the anti-gun folks - would know better than to try it.

Comment

I think people would cave.we already cave to the restrictions that we have now...what makes you think we wouldn't cave to more restrictions?

id love to have an unregistered sbr, fully auto rifle, unregistered suppressor, saw, sawed off shotgun, etc but I'm not willing to commit a felony to possess any of these.

as to the point "who would collect them" I don't have an answer for that. like you, I know most of my local law enforcement. and, I don't know if they would carry out that order or not. on one hand they are under oath but I think that order would go directly against their personal convictions.

let's just hope we never have to find out these answers!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm just posting to hear all theories. Interesting stuff, men.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very good

Comment

I've said that for a while. There's not an officer or judge in my country that would come to take guns. I'd be willing to bet 100% of the houses here have guns in them. I'd also bet that 98%+ are law abiding citizens.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

The government would not go door to door in the beginning. They would just make it a felony to possess it. Then they would set a few harsh examples. The media would vilify the holdouts as lawbreakers. Most people will then stand in line to turn them in.

Comment

Originally posted by SOLID EAGLE View Post
                The government would not go door to door in the beginning. They would just make it a felony to possess it. Then they would set a few harsh examples. The media would vilify the holdouts as lawbreakers. Most people will then stand in line to turn them in.
                Or, imagine this scenario - possession becomes illegal and a cash reward is offered for turning in friends and neighbors you know have kept their guns. That would bring in a lot of tips but IMO would spiral violently out of control very quickly.

Comment

There are already states that demonstrate exactly this. and it worked.

Comment

But if they jail or kill me, who will pick up my tax bill ?

Comment

Okay I will play devils advocate here.
                      If law enforcement officers bought into this and started doing that for no legal reason other than its confiscation and lawmakers were going to and or had removed the 2nd amendnent you would see total chaos.
                      I believe that the people of this country would see that as as a violation of the constitution and thus all law officers as well as government officials partaking in that process would be shot on site and the numbers of armed Americans grouped together and as a whole would make an example out of those that foolishly thought we would just surrender our guns as well as our god given rights to protect ourselves.
                      I truly believe that men of character would rather die on their feet than to live on their
                      knees and die a cowards death every day,

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
                        Okay I will play devils advocate here.
                        If law enforcement officers bought into this and started doing that for no legal reason other than its confiscation and lawmakers were going to and or had removed the 2nd amendnent you would see total chaos.
                        I believe that the people of this country would see that as as a violation of the constitution and thus all law officers as well as government officials partaking in that process would be shot on site and the numbers of armed Americans grouped together and as a whole would make an example out of those that foolishly thought we would just surrender our guns as well as our god given rights to protect ourselves.
                        I truly believe that men of character would rather die on their feet than to live on their
                        knees and die a cowards death every day,

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

That is kinda what I was trying to say.
                        I have never been to jail and have spent 60 years being a law abiding citizen.
                        For them to force me to become a criminal make no sense....
                        I have the tools to be a night mare and not a lot to loose if they push me into it.
                        What can they do? Cut short my young life

Comment

Originally posted by texasnavy05 View Post
                          I think people would cave.we already cave to the restrictions that we have now...what makes you think we wouldn't cave to more restrictions?

id love to have an unregistered sbr, fully auto rifle, unregistered suppressor, saw, sawed off shotgun, etc but I'm not willing to commit a felony to possess any of these.

as to the point "who would collect them" I don't have an answer for that. like you, I know most of my local law enforcement. and, I don't know if they would carry out that order or not. on one hand they are under oath but I think that order would go directly against their personal convictions.

let's just hope we never have to find out these answers!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Confiscation would directly violate that oath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                            But if they jail or kill me, who will pick up my tax bill ?

Great read so far.

As far as your financial contribution to keep the system running?

It's quite apparent to me that neither party has a problem running up the debt- so I'm not too sure many of those running the show cares where the money comes from or if any comes in at all.

They can just print or borrow more as needed.

Maybe it's those (countries) who call in the debts that our grandchildren will have to worry about confiscating the guns.

I can only imagine there is a novel or two written covering this type of tinfoil hat speculation I'm throwing out there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                              Setting around with a bunch of old men discussing all the hubbub about gun control last night and came up with a thought.

I don't believe our government can ever really come after our guns for two reasons.

First and foremost is that we have them so vastly out numbered.
                              I know pretty much every local officer in my county. Among them there is not a man willing to attempt to disarm law abiding citizens. Not only are they out numbered 1000 to 1, they well know a lot of us are equipped with some really cool class III arms and thermal equipment they they do not have.
                              Look how much chaos one man caused in Austin. Now imagine if there was a few thousand folks setting off bombs around the county.

Second and the main reason is that we are the blood supply of the parasite that is our government. If they decide to seize all firearms and we refuse, what then. They either have to kill us to take them or put us in prison.

Then who will pay taxes???

Our government is funded by the money they take from us and the products we produce. If they kill or jail us, who is left to pay for the jails? Who will pay for schools or the sheriffs department if everybody is either in jail or dead?
                              I don't believe that the powers that be would ever run the risk of cutting off their own gravy train by passing a law that would put them in a position that they either had to kill off or jail the very people that provide the money they exist on.

I have never been to jail. Heck I have not even had a speeding ticket in the last 30 years. Turning me into a criminal instead of a law abiding tax payer is something that no one with any real sense could ever think was a good ideal.
                              Woah! Have fun at the Gulag if we don't ever hear from you again

Comment

Working...
                              X