No announcement yet.

Felons and firearms.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it make a difference if you’re convicted of a felony in federal court vs. state court?

Is this one of the reasons why muzzleloader and crossbow hunting is so popular?

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
      This, and it's not that hard to become a felon any more.
      Really....

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
        That word still generates a giggle. Every single time.
        Officer is not that humorous of a word. You better get your head in the game, son...before you end up in a penal institution.
        Last edited by Chew; 02-06-2018, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Btoutdoors View Post
          I am self employed and work everyday or don't get paid.
          It’s a good thing, for you, being a p rick isn’t a felony then. It was an example and for the majority of folks with a brain, it’s decent example of how ridiculous some federal laws are

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
            Call the local police department or sheriff and explain the situation and ask.
            Yeah, I will never understand why people say this. The police don't make the laws. They enforce them. I get that they have judgement on some stuff.

Do blackpowder guns count?

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
              The 5 years law is state law. Federal law says you can never posses a firearm again.
              This may be where etxbuckman came up with guns produced fully in Texas. Perhaps if the gun had parts produced outside of Texas, the Feds would have something to say about a felon in possession.

Comment

Originally posted by Btoutdoors View Post
                I am self employed and work everyday or don't get paid.
                Awesome...I'm no longer self employed, and yet I still have to work every day or I don't get paid. Crazy how that works

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                  Officer is not that humorous of a word. You better get your head in the game, son...befor you end up in a penal institution.

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                    Awesome...I'm no longer self employed, and yet I still have to work every day or I don't get paid. Crazy how that works
                    Well what the heck were you thinking?!

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
                      Really....
                      Yes, really. See post #25.

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post
                        Yeah, I will never understand why people say this. The police don't make the laws. They enforce them. I get that they have judgement on some stuff.

Do blackpowder guns count?
                        Just has to be a replica of something made prior to 1899, no modern inlines. So side lock and they're good to go. There's a bit of a catch 22 though according to the feds you can have black powder as a felon.

Comment

Originally posted by sog45 View Post
                          Felon cannot possess a firearm for 5 years from release from confinement date. It could be interpreted as such in this circumstance since the child is only 9.
                          5 years ONLY in their home.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                            Well what the heck were you thinking?!
                            Getting too old for remodeling work, with my bum knees I do miss the fun of taking something worn out and making it look good again tho

But I sure do enjoy someone else dealing with all of the headaches...oh wait, I went to work for the family business, I still have to deal with the headaches

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                              It’s a good thing, for you, being a p rick isn’t a felony then. It was an example and for the majority of folks with a brain, it’s decent example of how ridiculous some federal laws are
                              Wow! Sorry to make you mad.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
                                Just has to be a replica of something made prior to 1899, no modern inlines. So side lock and they're good to go. There's a bit of a catch 22 though according to the feds you can have black powder as a felon.
                                So can a convicted felon not hunt with a modern inline muzzleloader?

Comment

Working...
                                X