Possum problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possum problems

Anyone have possum problems? They hang out on my back fence and drive my beagles nuts. I've shot one and they keep coming

Keep shootin. You'll run out of them eventually.

Comment

After shooting I know they are junk but what ya shoot ya clean. I threw the 1st one away. Big nasty one and stinky

Comment

I kill every one I see . They have been killing a lot of my chickens and robbing eggs .

Comment

I've caught them in a live trap. I guess you could do that and release them if you don't want to shoot them. I always caught them using a can of tuna as bait.

Comment

Garbage can with a board for a ramp. Open a can of sardines, dribble a few drops on the board and put the rest in the trash can. Possums will drop in and can't get out. Catch a bunch this way.

Comment

I really don't mind shooting them. Kinda fun. Beagles bay them up like they should and boom.

Comment

You can trap them easily we usually pick up about 30-40 a day

Comment

It's hard to NOT catch them in a live catch trap!

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                    I've caught them in a live trap. I guess you could do that and release them if you don't want to shoot them. I always caught them using a can of tuna as bait.
                    Illegal to release them without written permission from the landowner.

Comment

Possum problems

Originally posted by Diamonddan View Post
                      After shooting I know they are junk but what ya shoot ya clean. I threw the 1st one away. Big nasty one and stinky

Yeah I'd get right on that cleaning. [emoji15][emoji57]

Just shoot them and continue to chunk them. Would you eat a coyote or a rat? Same thing...

Comment

I was driving down the road one day, someone hit a possum....

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                          I was driving down the road one day, someone hit a possum....
                          I’ve seen the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by HotRod Hunter View Post
                            I’ve seen the same thing
                            Music reference.. no one got it.

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
                              Illegal to release them without written permission from the landowner.
                              I wasn't aware of that. I figured maybe if he was in town or something if he could call animal control they could probably take the opossums and do something with them. But it seems as though he doesn't mind shootin them. I've heard of people eating opossum before but....I'm not so sure about that. Those suckers look too much like a rat for my liking.

Comment

Working...
                              X