Taxi lost shoulder mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taxi lost shoulder mount

My cousin (TxHellraiser on TBH) was informed that his 2016 deer could not be found. Over the past few weeks I have been in contact with the owners sister and she has been helping with the search. Yesterday it was basically determined that the mount is gone and might have been taken by an employee that was terminated. I was on this hunt with him and know what he paid. Is the taxi liable for any of that or do they just return his money and say sorry? He's a towboat captain and gets off the boat today. He's pretty tore up about the whole thing which I understand. I've begged him to keep his cool and hope he does. Anyone had this happen before?

Bad deal for sure. Wonder if they could make new horns from pics?

Comment

Figured I would add the pic of the deer for shizzles and giggles. Just helps with the story imo. WAS his biggest buck to date. Hoping to get past this so we can laugh about it but this even hit me in the feels bad
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
        Bad deal for sure. Wonder if they could make new horns from pics?
        Man I don't know brother. I'm hoping someone has heard of this situation and will chime in. My biggest buck was taken with my 6yr old and I couldn't imagine if they had lost that mount. I get all shook up just thinking about it. I know a deer means more to one than the other but this is a sick deal.

Comment

That is an interesting question...
          in this SPECIFIC case, with the details given by OP.... would the Taxi be liable to pay the costs of that animal (hunt/trophy fees etc)?

I'm sure theres a sign at the door or something in the receipt that says "not liable for lost or stolen..blahblah." but that really doesnt hold water in a civil suit...

Isnt there insurance for this sort of thing?

Comment

I'm not sure of the legalities, but I'd demand that the shop start by paying that "terminated" employee a visit.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
              That is an interesting question...
              in this SPECIFIC case, with the details given by OP.... would the Taxi be liable to pay the costs of that animal (hunt/trophy fees etc)?

I'm sure theres a sign at the door or something in the receipt that says "not liable for lost or stolen..blahblah." but that really doesnt hold water in a civil suit...

Isnt there insurance for this sort of thing?
              Exactly what I was thinking. He plans to take the paperwork to a Justice of the Peace today and see what can be done.

Comment

This is one of the reasons a lot of people keep the rack in their possession until the taxi needs it. Might be a good practice for those extra special racks.

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by PBUCKSHOT View Post
                  Exactly what I was thinking. He plans to take the paperwork to a Justice of the Peace today and see what can be done.
                  Is the shop denying responsibility or monetary resolution?
                  hes gone to them for this first, right?

Comment

That's terrible....I hope there is some remedy.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                      Is the shop denying responsibility or monetary resolution?
                      hes gone to them for this first, right?
                      He told me that he spoke with the owner and was told they could not find his deer. When he told me who owned the place I realized ive known him and his sister for many years. I asked J to hold off and let me see what I can do. The first response from his sis was "its there". After a few weeks it never turned up and yesterday she said it was likely taken by the employee they terminated. She also said that only the amount of the mount would be returned .."sorry it turned out this way". J plans to pay them a visit today and give them a chance to make it right. If not, his next visit is the JOP to see if he is just chat out of luck.

Comment

That really is a bad deal, hope you find it. Several years ago had my best to date buck at taxi and had a dream the shop burned down, the next day I went and picked up my rack and brought it home, slept better the next night. Good luck on finding the mount because there is no way to repay the memories of your trophy buck. Let us know the guys name and where he may be living and we can keep an eye open for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                          This is one of the reasons a lot of people keep the rack in their possession until the taxi needs it. Might be a good practice for those extra special racks.

Skinny
                          That's where it gets sticky. An "extra special rack" may mean nothing to someone else. I mean they cant treat the 120's any different from the 180's. Business is business and hope they are liable for something. In this case this was a paid hunt and he has all the paperwork for this hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by thebowhunters View Post
                            That really is a bad deal, hope you find it. Several years ago had my best to date buck at taxi and had a dream the shop burned down, the next day I went and picked up my rack and brought it home, slept better the next night. Good luck on finding the mount because there is no way to repay the memories of your trophy buck. Let us know the guys name and where he may be living and we can keep an eye open for it.
                            Yeah I was in the blind and got video of the hunt. I introduced hunting to this guy about 10yrs ago. Bunch of spikes and gutshots later he nailed a good one. I was as excited to see the mount as he was.

Comment

Sad deal indeed. Hope he gets it back and like above said, "someone should pay the terminated employee a visit." Names could be a big help here.

Comment

Working...
                              X