STI Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STI Question

I'm debating on making a change for USPSA shooting. Anyone shoot a STI Edge and/or the DVC Limited?

I'm interested in hearing personal observations on the recoil management differences between the two, swing weight, etc. I shot a Brazos tuned STI several years ago, so I'm familiar with the set-up.

Specifically, does the DVC's lightened slide and receiver offer a substantial advantage over the overall heavier (?) Edge's full dust cover receiver with no cuts in the slide? Advantage being the DVC's reduced slide weight offers a reduction in reciprocating mass aiding in faster target transition or does the heavier Edge slide and receiver offset that advantage by reduction in overall gun movement.

The easy answer is buy both, I know and probably will eventually. But first, I need to make a change, practice with it and then sell the current platform.

The Edge is the go-to. I’d suggest finding someone that has either and shoot them. A lot of people like the heavy frame, but many also like the lighter weight for transitions.

Comment

You looking at 9 or 40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

chrisgunguy is the man to answer your question...I'm sure he will be along to answer

Comment

Originally posted by Yelladog View Post
          You looking at 9 or 40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          .40, shoot major.

Comment

I have an STI .40 edge but can't help you. I've haven't gotten around to shooting it yet. I've only had it a couple of years.

Comment

Working...
            X