Remingtons in trouble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    Then you got a fluke with that AAC Tactical. There are plenty of targets even on here that show them Dang near being 1 hole guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And that is a sign of poor quality control. Or not caring. Or allowing a certain % of poor performers out the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by coop2564 View Post
      A guy at my lease had his rem sendaro go off in stand when he closed bolt saturday morning. Blew hole in celling and his ears are still ringing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      That's why friends should never do trigger jobs for friends.

I'm glad no one was hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
        Trigger been worked over?
        He said no. And gun is 10 yrs old and never done this before.

Comment

Remingtons in trouble!

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
          And that is a sign of poor quality control. Or not caring. Or allowing a certain % of poor performers out the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have unrealistic expectations. These are not hand built guns. If you expect that kind of consistency then you need to pony up for a hand built custom rig.

I’ve had plenty of rifles that didn’t shoot worth a flip and only 1 of them was a Remington.

Comment

You have unrealistic expectations. These are not hand built guns. If you expect that kind of consistency then you need to pony up for a hand built custom rig.

I’ve had plenty of rifles that didn’t shoot worth a flip and only 1 of them was a Remington.

LMAO. you have an unrealistic fanboy love for a failing company.

I know you know your guns, but expecting better than 2 MOA is not an unrealistic expectation.

There are other rifle companies that guarantee MOA or better performance. What is remington's guarantee? "you get what you get and you don't throw a fit, cause we used to make some solid rifles"? Some guy posted here that he sent his rifle back in to remington, and it was still shooting 1.5 to 1.75 MOA< and in remington's words, that was within their standards.

I have two sako 85's that shoot 3/4 MOA with me behind the stock. they could probably do better. they're not a custom gun. weatherby has an entire line of rifles that guarantees MOA, and they're not that expensive. Has savage been taking market share by putting out sporadic performers? I don't think so.

hell, I have AR's that shoot better than that .308. that's pretty bad. Their financials are the prime indicator of a poor performing company.
            Last edited by kyle1974; 12-11-2017, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Remingtons in trouble!

LMAO. you have an unrealistic fanboy love for a failing company.

I know you know your guns, but expecting better than 2 MOA is not an unrealistic expectation.

There are other rifle companies that guarantee MOA or better performance. What is remington's guarantee? "you get what you get and you don't throw a fit, cause we used to make some solid rifles"? Some guy posted here that he sent his rifle back in to remington, and it was still shooting 1.5 to 1.75 MOA< and in remington's words, that was within their standards.

I have two sako 85's that shoot 3/4 MOA with me behind the stock. they could probably do better. they're not a custom gun. weatherby has an entire line of rifles that guarantees MOA, and they're not that expensive. Has savage been taking market share by putting out sporadic performers? I don't think so.

hell, I have AR's that shoot better than that .308. that's pretty bad. Their financials are the prime indicator of a poor performing company.

I’m no fanboy of the company but am of the platform. There’s a reason 99% of custom actions and rifles are patterned after it.

But you totally missed my point. The unrealistic expectation was meant to expect exacting accuracy from every single rifle that rolls off the assembly line. That just ain’t gonna happen with a mass produced rifle at a lower price point.

To compare your Sako 85 to a $600 R700 is laughable at best.

Ironic that you mention Savage, that’s one of the brands that I’ve had the most issues with. They put out some great shooting rifles, but not all of them are.

Comment

Originally posted by coop2564 View Post
                A guy at my lease had his rem sendaro go off in stand when he closed bolt saturday morning. Blew hole in celling and his ears are still ringing.

i had a 700 that would drop the firing pin when closing the bolt good thing i played with the bolt before going to the range or hunting!!

after some googling, found out it was a common issue with the trigger but was under recall. remington wouldnt let me mail in the trigger for a replacement, i had to mail in the whole rifle. I sent then an email with some choice words and dropped in a timney. Thought about playing dirty and posting a video to youtube of the rifle going off when the bolt closed

Comment

I had a Remington Model 700 blow a hole in the roof of a cabin in South Texas and take the top of my thumb off from the recoil when I flipped the safety off and the gun went off. Never had a trigger job and never cleaned with WD-40. Remington "fixed" it at no charge. Mine was an old school gun that that required the shooter to flip off the safety before opening the bolt. Both times it went off when I flipped off the safety. I don't trust their "fix" so Im not going to use it again until I install a Timney. I know that has been discussed before but apparently there's still some people who insist it was user error.

Comment

I’m no fanboy of the company but am of the platform. There’s a reason 99% of custom actions and rifles are patterned after it.

But you totally missed my point. The unrealistic expectation was meant to expect exacting accuracy from every single rifle that rolls off the assembly line. That just ain’t gonna happen with a mass produced rifle at a lower price point.

To compare your Sako 85 to a $600 R700 is laughable at best.

Ironic that you mention Savage, that’s one of the brands that I’ve had the most issues with. They put out some great shooting rifles, but not all of them are.

yep. Just like I said... send the action in to get trued up, replace the trigger, and rebarrel, and you have an excellent shooter.

Comment

yep. Just like I said... send the action in to get trued up, replace the trigger, and rebarrel, and you have an excellent shooter.

https://www.eurooptic.com/sako-85-bl...n-jrs1c18.aspx

You just made my point. A $950 rifle is going to be higher quality than a $600 one.

All of my R700 5R rifles shoot well under MOA and all I’ve done is change the trigger.

I like 1# triggers and there’s not a factory trigger that I would trust at that low weight.

Comment

You just made my point. A $950 rifle is going to be higher quality than a $600 one.

All of my R700 5R rifles shoot well under MOA and all I’ve done is change the trigger.

I like 1# triggers and there’s not a factory trigger that I would trust at that low weight.

I bought him a jewell for christmas... the ****ty thing is that since it was his first rifle he doens't want to get rid of it.

I doubt that turns a 2 MOA rifle into a 1 MOA, but we'll see. new barrel and action work is next.
                        Last edited by kyle1974; 12-11-2017, 07:19 PM.

Comment

I bought him a jewell for christmas... the ****ty thing is that since it was his first rifle he doens't want to get rid of it.

I doubt that turns a 2 MOA rifle into a 1 MOA, but we'll see. new barrel and action work is next.

If it’s really that bad of a shooter (and not shooter induced) I’d make Remington fix it before I did any custom work to it.

Comment

Working...
                          X