• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elk unit 77 co
    Mule deer pp

Comment

Originally posted by BuckRage View Post
      interesting I coudln't find 15 on my portal for the last two years. Good luck.
      You looking for Archery or rifle hunts? I dont think 15 has rifle hunts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
        I put in and got drawn for General Elk in Wyoming. I will be going on a horseback backcountry hunt in late September. First time hunting elk. Can't wait!

I am also building points for deer, elk, and antelope in Montana and Colorado.
        Let us know how this turns out. I had considered this but I hate the thought of giving a WY outfitter my money after they have have so royally screwed us NR hunters.

Comment

so what about all the hype about otc tags???

Comment

Can’t go this year so I will be buying points in CO, WY, and MT.

Comment

I will be putting in again for Elk in Montana. I think this is going to be my lucky year to draw my tag.

Comment

Just realized I screwed up my 3rd choice Elk. For some reason I put 16b as my 3rd choice... If I draw...........

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                  I will be putting in again for Elk in Montana. I think this is going to be my lucky year to draw my tag.

isn't Montana general draw high chances? I believe its around 84% for general tag then if you draw general you can apply to be drawn for a limited unit which is much much harder?

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
                    Let us know how this turns out. I had considered this but I hate the thought of giving a WY outfitter my money after they have have so royally screwed us NR hunters.

Yea I can understand that. I really did my HW and am going to a very reputable outfit. Success rates are high, but I am going more for the experience than the kill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Should be awesome! What I meant was I'm not a fan of the no NR in wilderness law. WY wilderness is some of the best vacant land left anywhere.

I am a little jealous tbh. Please post pics.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
                        so what about all the hype about otc tags???
                        OTC tags are fine, IF you know where to go and have paid your dues. Most people only hunt a OTC once and then jump from unit to unit, state to state. Grass is always greener on the other side. I have 10 elk points in Colorado and will die before I aquire enough for a limited unit tag in one of the desired units. I have 17 mule deer points and I'm still 3-4 away from possibly drawing a tag. I should have started earlier but started elk hunting at 40.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Drew WY general elk. Points in WY, CO, and AZ

Comment

Originally posted by BuckRage View Post
                            I put in for NM again this year. Brutal is all I gotta say. almost 4k every year and never drawn... Anyone else put in? What state and what tag?

I put in for

Elk

Ibex

Mule Deer

Pronhorn

Ok let’s be clear with this post. You front $4k and get most of it back. That’s not the same as costing you 4K. [emoji2357] Or just roll with it and scare everyone off. Either or? You used to have to front almost 7k just in Colorado just for moose sheep and goat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

CO-elk, deer, moose, sheep, goat
                              NM-elk, deer, sheep, ibex, oryx
                              AZ-elk, deer, sheep
                              UT-elk deer, sheep
                              WY- elk deer goat
                              Idaho-moose
                              NV-elk, deer, sheep
                              OK-elk, pronghorn X2
                              Tx- sheep, deer, exotics
                              Ky-elk

Same 36-37 draws every year and I drew just two tags last year, land owner antelope and NM mulie, same two tags I drew year before.

Comment

I put in for NM elk and deer this year. If i don't draw its OTC barbs for me!

Comment

Working...
                                X