No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whitney And Aquilla 2017-2018 Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed Silent Hunter. Some people are all about "self". But I find that no matter where I look. It's just more evident when it comes to public land hunting. Some people are just more easily picked out. Others let you know in a harsh manor. (well, they have at least one manor )
    Last edited by Texas Grown; 10-08-2017, 04:50 AM.

Comment

Very true Texas grown I wish all y’all the best this season and hope y’all are enjoying this cool morning

Comment

Blah as of last night there was gonna be a nnw wind until about 12-1 now I've been here only 21/2 hours and it's already switched to sw

Comment

Originally posted by jmac19 View Post
          My old job allowed me to hunt during the week, this weekend crazy mess sucks,
          I thought the weekend was for scouting...?

Comment

Originally posted by Ispdnxs View Post
            I thought the weekend was for scouting...?
            What it looked like yesterday, I could hear these guys talking way before I ever saw them. They didn't know I was there

Comment

[QUOTE=Kirby86;12783378]Had tags. From the looks of it he may have traveled off the corp land and they shot him on private and dumped him by a bunch of trash just north of the b6 parking area.

It's my fault. He was 9. His hearing was worse than I realized apparently.

He was trained to avoid cars, as I've lived in the city most my life.

As much as part of me would like to ring the neck of whoever did it, I can't hold that kind of hatred in my heart. LJ was a great dog. I had him for 9 great years. He was my uncle's dog but when he passed away I got him at 6 months. LJ was named after my grandfather, the initials stood for Lawrence John. But I digress.

As hard as it is, I forgive whoever shot my dog. I pray that God softens their heart. And if by some slim chance you are reading this, I pray that you would realize the pain that you have caused me. But giving pain for pain will not bring LJ back. So I beseech the only one who can do anything about this, and ask that the Lord take care of this, and take this pain from me. Because one day Jesus is going to settle all accounts, and I'll know then what happened.

I don't know if dogs go to heaven. But I know there's at least one horse up there because Jesus will come back riding one according to His Word. I pray that when I get there or he calls me home, that there's a little red heeler waiting to welcome me home to that mansion Jesus has been building up there since he went to be with the Father after His ascension. But if LJ is not in heaven, I truly believe that God has something so much greater in store that it will wipe away the pain that I feel now.

I'm sorry for pulling this thread so off topic, and I hope you all have a good season.[/QUOTE

I aspire to be more like you.
              I’m just not wired lil that I guess.

Comment

Do you take your orange off when you sit on your spot, or do you leave it on?

I know you have to have it on walking.

Comment

Comment

I take off orange when sitting in the blind, both these guys didn't have any orange on them, nor did the guy that walked thru my spot last week

Comment

Originally posted by Deafishunter View Post
                      Do you take your orange off when you sit on your spot, or do you leave it on?

I know you have to have it on walking.
                      When I get to the tree I am climbing I take off my vest, but leave my hat on. My pack also wears a vest, which stays on till it is strapped to the tree. Would keep my vest on during the climb, but have had it get snagged on the tree and steps, as well as get in the way of my linemans belt. Safety is always my number one priority.

Comment

Just have enough time for a morning hunt before going back to work.

God bless those who hunt this morning!!!!

Comment

It is bright and quiet.
                          Light wind is blowing from the south.

Comment

Good luck chino. I'm in the woods today too. Been hunting hard for a week and a half. Missed a doe Saturday evening. Going to rest up tomorrow before going back to work Wed.

Silent hunter, thanks bro! Hope ya'll are enjoying that sweet baby! She's a cutie! Good luck to you too!

Comment

Originally posted by coojay View Post
                              Got a guy stalking right now, u ain't gonna stalk a deer on corp land , throw the book away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              I don't think you understand. I read the whole book and bought moccasins. But hey we will see who kills what this year.

Comment

Had deer all over me opening morning and passed on a very mature doe because she had a very young fawn with her. Now all I have is that same young fawn crashing through the area I hunt and its unattended with no mama in sight.

Been hunting this same area for 3 years now and some buddies and I put in a bunch of time patterning the deer movement between our spots which are about 1,000 yards apart. Havent seen a deer besides the fawn since opening morning and just found out Saturday night by a hunter that was walking the equestrian trail that him and two of his buddies are hunting the stretch of trees right between the area I hunt and the area one of my buddies hunt. They have choked off anything that was coming from that direction and that fella is the one who shot that big doe leaving the fawn to likely be consumed by yotes.

Im sorry guys if I interfere with your hunt this week but im going to be looking for a new area. I hate doing it during season but my frequent go to spot has been overtaken.

Comment

Working...
                                X