Thermacell Earth Scent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermacell Earth Scent

I bought some of the earth scent thermacell pads. Trying them out in the pop up blind right now. They smell A LOT like perfume to me. My wife said they stink. I can kinda smell the earth scent, but it's mostly some kinda sweet perfume like smell. Has anyone else noticed this? Or had bad luck with them? It's definitely working still in terms of mosquitos. Just hoping it doesn't repel deer as well.

Thermacell Earth Scent

I used one this morning and had deer as close as 5-6yds to the blind.

Last edited by bowaddict40; 10-08-2017, 04:06 PM. Reason: Looked at pics and deer were closer than I remember.

Comment

It all depends... some people I have heard have great luck and some bad, even with the regular pads... We spray down our clothes with permithrin and use regular thermacell pads and don't have any issues. Good Luck!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I used the earth scent pads for the first time and had quite a few deer come in. I was a little skeptical but with the mosquitoes being so bad it was worth it in my book.

Comment

It works...just as good as ozonics.

Comment

I use the earth scented pads also. I had 8 point walk right beside me Thursday evening at 10yrds & I was only 10’ off the ground.

Comment

Glad to hear all the positive feedback on the earth scent pads. I used a Thermocell for the first time ever near Lake Livingston. The mosquitoes were unbelievable last weekend. In my elevated fiberglass bow blind they were not to be found. I was amazed at how fast they cleared out of there! I was a little concerned that deer would be nervous around the smell.

Comment

I use regular pads and they never scare off the deer I don't see

Comment

I will not use them again they didn't smell like dirt.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Have used them before when I hunted public land.

Comment

My son used my thermocell this morning with the regular pads and swears the deer smelled it. I may give the earth scent ones a try.
                      Last edited by AntlerCollector; 10-08-2017, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Earth scent give me a headache and have a strange scent. The regular never spook animals for me, no need for scented.

Comment

I use them haven't had any issues i felt was the fault of the thermacell. The way I see it if they're downwind they'll smell you just as fast as they smell the thermacell and if you don't use the thermacell and are having to slap mosquitos the whole time you prolly won't see anything anyways. I wouldn't worry about it.

Comment

Y'all should put a few drops of Tink's 69 on them, you're welcome....

Comment

I have used it lots while hog hunting at night and never had the hogs blow and go, but 3 different times this season I've had does blow and go while using it with the "ordinary" pads and not the earth scent.

Comment

Working...
                              X