Motivation = 0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motivation = 0

According to the solunar info, butts should be in the seats around 10am thru 2pm today. After hunting over and over in the warm weather knowing everything is nocturnal or still grazing on acorns, I’m just not too enthusiastic. I think I may hunt after the cold weather arrives Friday instead.

Can’t kill em from the couch, I know, but I’ve had enough of this crap this year.

In the stand now. Foggy and can see about 40 yards. The weather liar says it will storm here around 11 am. I probably will sit here and aggravate people on TBH till ten.

Comment

I'm sitting in the blind now, 3 good bucks in the corn..... I'm doe hunting though.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
        According to the solunar info, butts should be in the seats around 10am thru 2pm today. After hunting over and over in the warm weather knowing everything is nocturnal or still grazing on acorns, I’m just not too enthusiastic. I think I may hunt after the cold weather arrives Friday instead.

Can’t kill em from the couch, I know, but I’ve had enough of this crap this year.
        Try something different. Set up in brush on trails leading to the acorns. Let the air out of one!!!

Comment

Man I understand. For me, I hate hunting early morning after full or almost full moons. I think Thursday and Friday are going to be money. All day sits in the creeks where the acorns are. Good luck when you go. Good luck today Radar.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Man the wind just changed and it got colder. Blew the dang fog back on me too. Now I ain’t motivated lol.

Comment

Yesterday we saw a few bucks and dies from 10-11.
                Yesterday evening saw a bunch in this stand.
                Just no older shooters.
                Gonna try and get back here for Friday and sat.
                Man, it is dry here in goliad county.
                And foggy.

Comment

Any kill em on couch ..... but you can't educate them from there either.

Can't remember a December this warm

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                    Yesterday we saw a few bucks and dies from 10-11.
                    Yesterday evening saw a bunch in this stand.
                    Just no older shooters.
                    Gonna try and get back here for Friday and sat.
                    Man, it is dry here in goliad county.
                    And foggy.
                    I decided to rifle hunt this morning and I am sitting 12 ft up at the edge of a 3 acre radish and turnip patch. I have had a few does grazing in front of me. But the wind changed and they slipped off. Most of my food plots are starting to turn yellow and no regrowth at this time. Plots won’t last much longer unless we get rain. The daikon radishes are huge right now. The deer have discover how to eat them too.

Got side tracked here, need motivation lol

Comment

I am not a hot weather hunter..and it only gets hotter when you kill and process it in heat..So here I sit on my computer..waitin on WINTER...But I doubt I could hunt up north in snow and sub Z either

Comment

I didn't have high expectations for this morning's hunt (the last two days have been awful) but actually saw a lot of deer from daylight to 8:30.

Comment

I could handle a big old boar showing up about now. I do have visability out to 125 yards too.

Comment

I'm still on the fence on the solar lunar tables. And yea, these temps are a real killer of motivation. Its more suited for fishing than hunting.

With this front coming, I"m either taking Tuesday or Wednesday off. Probably Wednesday to break up the week.

Comment

Working...
                            X