No announcement yet.

Barnett Crossbow or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think you will be disappointed with a pse fang. I would stay away from barnett

Comment

Oh and yes I have had a few barnetts I didn't care for them. I don't want to get yelled at for being biased.

Comment

I’ve never had a problem with one

Comment

Originally posted by brysdad View Post
          I’ve never had a problem with one
          Me either, and I would buy another if I had a need for one because I'm a cheap skate and I don't want to spend a lot of money on a high quality crossbow. Like I said before the Barnett will kill deer.

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKET View Post
            I have owned a lot of xbows from scorpyd, tenpoint, Excalibur, mission , Barnett and multiple of each and by far the best bang for the buck is a sniper 370. Machined rail and cams, can be de cocked, change string without a press, shoots a hunting weight arrow at 350 fps, upgrade the scope and buy some executioners and your set!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just bought the Sniper 370. It comes with everything you need. That being said the arrows that come with it are cr@p. I bought some Pile Drivers. 3rd shot was a Robin Hood and ruined a brand new arrow. I killed a doe at 25yds with it last weekend and it was through her and in the ground before she knew she was shot.

Oh and they are on sale right now at Academy for $250, which is $50 off.
            Last edited by bowaddict40; 10-14-2017, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by beetleguy View Post
              no not ever. Don't buy anything with the word barnett on it. You can get a parker crossbow for $350-400 and be way better off. For that matter but any crossbow that doesn't say barnett
              agree !

Comment

Originally posted by Wampuscat View Post
                The Cabelas in League City has the Centerpointe Sniper 370 in stock for $299. That a good deal? Hat case fits it. Seems like most are designed for the wider bow versus the more narrow ones.
                Originally posted by Maxxed Outdoors View Post
                279 at academy

I bought mine at academy for $249.99. If you tell cabelas that they are on sale for that price they will match it.

Comment

Just my .02

One brother uses Parker, the other uses Barnett, and I have used the PSE Fang. All have killed animals in the last few years with zero issues. If this is just a temporary situation, there are plenty in the $300-400 range that will do the job.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by BeetleGuy View Post
                    No not ever. Don't buy anything with the word Barnett on it. You can get a Parker crossbow for $350-400 and be way better off. For that matter but any crossbow that doesn't say Barnett
                    I would agree with this. If you can spend a little more stay away from Barnett imo

Comment

Working...
                    X