Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How low can the feeder unit go on a stand-n-fill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking about building a 1,000 pound capacity stand-n-fill feeder out of a propane tank. To keep the height down, how low can the feeder motor/spinner go (I plan to use a Foreverlast unit) and still spin out corn at a decent distance around feeder? Would 2' from ground be too low? Plan to put a ramp under unit so no corn ends up directly under feeder and of course cadge the unit in so coons cant reach in.

Any and all feedback or pics would be appreciated...

Thanks

Shouldn't matter to much if you are putting the ramp on there. Or you could use a directional unit

Comment

Can you post a link to a dependable/durable directional unit please.

Comment

Anyone ever ran the feeder motor 12-18" off the ground?

Comment

The motor on the one I have is low. To the corn on the feeder above the unit is only probably 2 feet at the most. Does fine

Comment

No issues here, not sure of the exact height but probably around 16"-18". That's a 600 or 800 lb feeder, I forget which and we have both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

All Seasons stand and fill feeders are about that low. I've had two and had no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Gold View Post
                Can you post a link to a dependable/durable directional unit please.
                PM Krivoman. I bought one of his directionals, not cheap but a very well built and heavy duty unit.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm thinking about a build similar to this... low to the ground and either feed directional or have the plate in the back that only allows the spinner to spray corn to sides and front and slanted plate underneath to keep feed from under the feeder.
                  Keeping the top of the feeder about 5' tall or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by TXBRASS; 12-13-2016, 11:23 AM.

Comment

JDL posted what you drew up, but he built them about a year ago. It is in your TOP 3 DIY favorites. Those things are awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by stxslayer View Post
                      JDL posted what you drew up, but he built them about a year ago. It is in your TOP 3 DIY favorites. Those things are awesome.
                      Yes...something real similar to those...utilizing a propane tank for the body.

Comment

He also had a video on the original post that showed it working. Super slick.

Comment

The I built a 500 lb out of a 30" diameter pressure tank doesn't empty all the corn out. I will have to go back and put a funnel in it after deer season. Just a heads up

The only down side is having the timer that low to the ground is having to lay on your belly to set the timer!

Comment

Working...
                          X