Be Careful out there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ouch View Post
    There sure are a lot of *******s around here.

Sorry this happened to you, OP. I've not seen one post where you blamed the situation on anyone other than you or the thief.
    X2 pitiful to jump on the OP.

Used to feel I could share alot on the GS. I find myself not starting threads for advice on this or that because just don't want to hear the BS.

Comment

Man that sucks, sorry that happened to you. Sorry about the dog pile as well.

Comment

Sorry for you getting stung. And it's difficult for LE to jump on every theft. Just too many every day... I do understand your frustration when you try to report and LE doesn't jump on it right away. It's yours and not theirs.

I held a guy at gun point and wife called 911. Took them 8-10 minutes for officers to arrive. Called once about an officer down and it was maybe 3 minutes before all of DPD was in front of my house. Moral to that story is you should've told'em a cop was down on your ATV.

Comment

Just going to point out, There is more than one officer who works for HPD and they all have radios and the computers that flashes the BOLO from the dispatcher. A normal practice would be to for one Officer to verify the information and update the surrounding units of the particulars after the initial call. Sometimes they do not explain that well or seem uninterested but they do this every day and I have certainly never met one who didn't want to catch a thief.

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
            X2 pitiful to jump on the OP.

Used to feel I could share alot on the GS. I find myself not starting threads for advice on this or that because just don't want to hear the BS.

Yea TBH has changed alot starting to see more and more bashing but it doesnt bother me I know what I said. And yea frustration is a feeling but after its all said and done at the end of the day its just a 4 wheeler

Comment

Originally posted by Bighorns View Post
              Just going to point out, There is more than one officer who works for HPD and they all have radios and the computers that flashes the BOLO from the dispatcher. A normal practice would be to for one Officer to verify the information and update the surrounding units of the particulars after the initial call. Sometimes they do not explain that well or seem uninterested but they do this every day and I have certainly never met one who didn't want to catch a thief.
              Well thats the thing we called the police and I really didnt wanna stay put with my family with me which then I drove to the nearest which was I believe a sunnyside Store front hpd office that had all of one cop and he really didnt get on the radio or anything while i was inside the station. he told me after he got all the info he needed to stay put he was gonna go take a quick patrol and then he came back in about an hour said he talked to a few guys who had seen him but lost him after an apartment complex

Comment

Originally posted by Medina19 View Post
                Yea TBH has changed alot starting to see more and more bashing but it doesnt bother me I know what I said. And yea frustration is a feeling but after its all said and done at the end of the day its just a 4 wheeler
                I still say you should've used my moral...

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                  I still say you should've used my moral...
                  trust me i was ready to try anything

Comment

trust me i was ready to try anything
                    Yup

And I jest about using "officer down". Just wanna get that out before LEO bashes me...

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                      Yup

And I jest about using "officer down". Just wanna get that out before LEO bashes me...
                      yea you better make sure or else you will shutdown tbh with all the responses at your comment

Comment

yea you better make sure or else you will shutdown tbh with all the responses at your comment
                        lmao

Comment

Sorry for your loss Medina. Sorry that you got dog piled as well. That was uncalled for. I think we can all learn from this bad experience although some seem to already be all-knowing. I'm just glad you didn't have to stare down the barrel of a pistol or something like that.

Guess it's time to start watching all the obvious places like Craigslist, pawn shops, etc. Thieves suck.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                            Sorry for your loss Medina. Sorry that you got dog piled as well. That was uncalled for. I think we can all learn from this bad experience although some seem to already be all-knowing. I'm just glad you didn't have to stare down the barrel of a pistol or something like that.

Guess it's time to start watching all the obvious places like Craigslist, pawn shops, etc. Thieves suck.
                            yea me too much rather him take the thing than start a fuss with my family there. thanks!

Comment

Good thing you didn't steriotype.....it could have ended differently

Comment

This may not be the answer, but how far away from the meeting place is the closest apartment complex? He just might reside there. Maybe have someone do surveillance from afar in an inconspicuous manner? At least if he is spotted, you might find out where he lives. Of course this would generally take lots of time and patience. Just an idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X