Laguna Atascosa 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
    Yes, especially when an educator spells "ataoscas" wrong, they aren't allowed to debate ones diction! Remember the Alaomo!
    Touché. That's French for something.

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
      Touché. That's French for something.
      I think that means a "hiney". As in, "That big ole gal just pinched me on the touche." I might be wrong though.

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
        Mandatory orientation now required even for bow hunting.

Edit: Atascosa spelled wrong
        So then what if a hunter is from out of town or out of state. He as to be present for this? It has three dates but only two hunts on the TPWD website.

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
          So then what if a hunter is from out of town or out of state. He as to be present for this? It has three dates but only two hunts on the TPWD website.
          If they can't make the orientation, they shouldn't put in for the draw. Two deer, one exotic.

Comment

It's not a problem for me it's just I was thinking about other Hunters that are coming from a ways out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I liked the way it used to be. 600 openings and you picked which hunts you wanted. You could do it in person or by mail. I live 5 minuted away from the place. I felt like I had my own lease. It was awesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

How much were the archery permits the past couple of years?

Guess it's been a couple of years since I paid any attention to that since I'd been up in Missouri every hunt and the permit was $70.

And by the way, nice buck Gblu

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
                  How much were the archery permits the past couple of years?

Guess it's been a couple of years since I paid any attention to that since I'd been up in Missouri every hunt and the permit was $70.

And by the way, nice buck Gblu
                  $130 for a five day hunt.

Comment

Having experienced the refuge staff last year, that "orientation" will be a list of "you can'ts" and "don'ts". They don't care for hunters in the least. On the other hand, if you happen to be wearing a wide-brimmed tourist hat and bermuda shorts, they'll bend over backwards to help you.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                      Having experienced the refuge staff last year, that "orientation" will be a list of "you can'ts" and "don'ts". They don't care for hunters in the least. On the other hand, if you happen to be wearing a wide-brimmed tourist hat and bermuda shorts, they'll bend over backwards to help you.
                      I completely agree. It is not like it used to be, years ago. It was actually a good experience to walk into the check station and do the meet and greet ritual with everybody there.

Now they make you fell like you are interrupting their daily schedule. At least it was like that for me last year.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post

Just carry binos and tell them you want to watch the birds. Oh yah, tell them you're infatuated with ocelots too! You might even get a back flip out of them.
                        Don't forget to tell Marion hello, she loves the hunters!

Comment

Total FUBAR!

Trump needs to get more hunter friendly employees and send the others home.

Comment

The game wardens have the orientation class last year for the rifle.

Comment

They definitely messed up a good thing. Refuge was my favorite hunt. Very challenging and rewarding. Refuge staff have changed and they changed what was great about the hunt. Less access, less friendly and more cost. They definitely would rather exterminate the game out of helicopters than have to deal with public hunting.

Comment

I was informed that crossbows will be allowed this coming season. You don't have to be handicapped, senior or a minor to be able to use one. Not that I would use one but just putting it out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X