Wade fishing around League City?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wade fishing around League City?

Will be down there for work in a couple weeks and was wondering if it'd worth it to throw my fishing gear in the car. Haven't fished the Texas salt so any tips on areas or what to look for would be a huge help

lived down there for 20yrs. nothing to really wade in league city,go on down to texas city dike to mosquito island if you want to wade or go to the every end and fish off the rocks or pier.

Comment

Originally posted by TTORA View Post
      lived down there for 20yrs. nothing to really wade in league city,go on down to texas city dike to mosquito island if you want to wade or go to the every end and fish off the rocks or pier.
      Thanks, I've heard that the dike can be okay. Would it be worth the drive to Galveston, I should Have a full day off on Wednesday or Thursday

Comment

seawolf park if you want to go further south.

Comment

You could wade the Kemah lagoon, which is right off 146, next to the Kemah bridge on the opposite side from the boardwalk. You may also be able to find a walk-in spot to wade the Kemah flats off of Toddville Road.

As for Texas City Dike...be careful if you chose to wade the mosquito island area. There are deep drop-offs and sometimes strong under-tow currents from the passing ship traffic from the Houston ship channel. If you are not familiar with the area, I'd advise you not to wade there. Couple people drown there every year. There are plenty of places to bank fish the dike though.

Comment

Originally posted by TTORA View Post
            seawolf park if you want to go further south.
            That place can get packed...may bot be that way during the week though

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm gonna bring a couple set ups down and hope to get a couple trout or reds to bring home.

Comment

If the surf is flat and green that is the place to be hands down. Go to Jamaica beach area which is the west end of Galveston Island or take the ferry across to Bolivar island. That or walk out onto the North Jetty (take ferry across) with Live shrimp and fish up close to the rocks out by the boat cut

Comment

Originally posted by ranchdog View Post
                  If the surf is flat and green that is the place to be hands down. Go to Jamaica beach area which is the west end of Galveston Island or take the ferry across to Bolivar island. That or walk out onto the North Jetty (take ferry across) with Live shrimp and fish up close to the rocks out by the boat cut

Comment

Working...
                  X