Common Sense Gun Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Common Sense Gun Control

This seems to be an ever present line after any mass shooting. What does it mean? Lots of these shooters passed background checks. Short of absolute gun confiscation, how do you stop these shootings? I don’t think you can.

Only the media can stop this nonsense. As long as they keep exploiting the victims this stuff will continue

Comment

Heck, I thought you had the answer.....lol!

Comment

The answer to your thread title is a two handed grip.

Comment

Here's the problem in a nutshell. The first step would be for the leftist pinko commies to gain some common sense. Now if they did gain some common sense then they wouldn't be leftist pinko commies.

Comment

Truth is there is no going back, as there are too many "assault style weapons" in the public's hands to ever control. I do not currently own a (whats the new term I heard today) "advanced sporting rifle" as I came to the conclusion in the service that they were not effective sporting pieces being designed instead as fighting weapons.

Problem is any attempts to control the use of assault style weapon will unfairly burden us users of regular sporting rifles. It is impossible to actually control assault weapons but it is not impossible to put Background Checks on the purchase of ammo and reloading supplies. This would not be a big deal for most but it would make it impossible for those of us with common names.

or

There will be a run on ammo and all of the most popular rounds will be sold out everywhere, like what happened several years ago.

Comment

I've long been curious about that question myself. A couple of years ago, I downloaded a public access database with information about every single mass shooting since 1980 or so (pre-Columbine). A close look at it repudiated almost every liberal talking point - frequency has not increased - especially school shootings.

However, what has changed is how much deadlier they have become - even with much faster police response times. Like it or not, there is a direct link between the higher number of those killed and wounded and that one dang gun and its accessories that the left like to talk about - the gun style, high capacity magazines, bump stocks.

I don't think there is anything that would eliminate them. The only common sense gun controls IMO would be a check point to purchase specific items before taking delivery of them and red flag laws. And hoping that the delay allowed law enforcement to take a close enough look to pick up other hints of what might be planned and intervene.

Comment

Universal background checks and hi capacity mag ban is where it will start. Probably both under Trump presidency.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Better control matches and gasoline as well.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                    Universal background checks and hi capacity mag ban is where it will start. Probably both under Trump presidency.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                    I would have to believe you would be correct on both sentences. The president has proven he will cave-in on gun issues and hunting/conservation concerns.

Comment

Originally posted by ttechdallas View Post
                      I've long been curious about that question myself. A couple of years ago, I downloaded a public access database with information about every single mass shooting since 1980 or so (pre-Columbine). A close look at it repudiated almost every liberal talking point - frequency has not increased - especially school shootings.

However, what has changed is how much deadlier they have become - even with much faster police response times. Like it or not, there is a direct link between the higher number of those killed and wounded and that one dang gun and its accessories that the left like to talk about - the gun style, high capacity magazines, bump stocks.

I don't think there is anything that would eliminate them. The only common sense gun controls IMO would be a check point to purchase specific items before taking delivery of them and red flag laws. And hoping that the delay allowed law enforcement to take a close enough look to pick up other hints of what might be planned and intervene.
                      I mentioned red flag laws a.couple times on here and now I'm a pinko commie.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                        I mentioned red flag laws a.couple times on here and now I'm a pinko commie.
                        Do you really think that the government won’t abuse red flag laws? Do you really believe a red flag designation would prevent someone from obtaining a gun? Crazy people will find a way to cause death and destruction.

Comment

Problem with confiscation of all guns, is there is no such thing. Then there isn't anyone to stop the crazies when they do this stuff.
                          Don't publish the names of the shooters, investigate them to the hilt, most times we find out why they did it. We have to do something about the crazy.
                          Lots of unintended consequences of outlawing guns, most of the time you end up with dictatorships afterward. Non gun folks don't understand, without the second, the rest will go away.

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                            Problem with confiscation of all guns, is there is no such thing. Then there isn't anyone to stop the crazies when they do this stuff.
                            Don't publish the names of the shooters, investigate them to the hilt, most times we find out why they did it. We have to do something about the crazy.
                            Lots of unintended consequences of outlawing guns, most of the time you end up with dictatorships afterward. Non gun folks don't understand, without the second, the rest will go away.
                            There is another thread going that shows that good guys with guns aren’t going to stop anything. Almost to a person folks are saying they will hit the bricks and take their gun with them if something were to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                              Do you really think that the government won’t abuse red flag laws? Do you really believe a red flag designation would prevent someone from obtaining a gun? Crazy people will find a way to cause death and destruction.
                              If the government was out to take our guns away, they would already be doing it. There are ways to write protections into law that criminalize their abuse.

I get that some people believe any "give" on gun control is just a step toward "their" (whoever they is) goal of taking all our guns away. I don't.

I believe the greatest risk is fighting everything / doing nothing as these shootings continue to happen. As the demographics continue to change NOT in our favor, I believe more and more people will see the only way to change anything will be to overturn the 2nd amendment.

Right now, even most Democrats don't support that. Most just want to make it harder for bad, crazy people to get guns and hopefully make these mass shootings less likely to occur.

Comment

Working...
                              X