Is Ethanol Free Worth The Hassle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PigOPs View Post
    Really?? I am in Meridian. Myatt didn’t show up on the pure gas website. Do you know what octane?
    Not sure on the octane but would guess 87-89. I can do a drive by and check it out. 675-8107 if you want to give em a shout. It's not an actual gas station. It's a bulk fuel company, but they set up a separate diesel and no-E gas pump for us small timers. There's a map on their website. myattfuelstx.com
    If you come to Clifton on the old highway, it's located next to the RR tracks just east of downtown. Use it in all my small engines and sure beats the heck out of that overpriced canned gas!

Comment

I run ashless 2 cycle oil in every combustion engine I own. Much better than MMO, Lucas, Sea Foam, etc..when it comes to combatting the effects of ethenal. 1oz per 5 gallons.

Comment

Is Ethanol Free Worth The Hassle?

I run it in my lawn mower, weed eater, chainsaw and generator. Seems to start easier.

With that said a good stabilizer will work wonders

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

No more fuel than that dude's gonna burn,I would.High octane,leaded fuel,mixed with 2 stroke oil;smells amazing too!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

carb

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            A hassle is having to rebuild a dang carb because of that crap
            Gota agreee.....and then theres 3+ on some and the linkage/hoses OUCH

Comment

As stated if it sits for any length of time the Ethanol free is a MUST IMO. I run it in everything I own besides daily drive vehicles.
              Last edited by RascalArms; 08-03-2019, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
                Our local Walmart carries E Free. Granted it is only 87 Octane, but I will take lower octane and not remove and clean carbs once or twice a year.
                Originally posted by Blank View Post
                I run it because it is recommended from the factory for my UTV and does seem to make a difference. Out here in the West, all of our ethanol free gas is 91 octane.

Didn't they change the way octane was calculated just to give E-fuel a higher rating, **** tree hugging politicians .

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
                  Star Tron
                  X2.... I have had zero issues since going to Star Tron. I was still having carb issues when using Stabil.

Comment

Working...
                  X