TRAPPING SEASON Thread 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice Pair of fox BT!

Fergeris, you’re clearing out that West Texas brush one coyote at a time.

Comment

Sheeaatt, Tuco! You are kicken chickin!

Comment

Originally posted by cattlelackranch View Post
        When you say throw a trap do you mean it set the trap on its leg and then got out. I assume maybe the deer is strong enough to get out of these size traps. If so is there usually any damage left to the deer.

I know these are hypothetical questions but on our lease I don't think they will take to kindly to limping deer just because I wanna try my hand at some trapping. If you feel it's more a rarity than a more common occurrence then I'd be willing to get into it.

We definitely have a coyote problem.
        Not usually they pull out mine did yesterday. An if they do limp it's not long.
        Originally posted by TUCO View Post
        Nice Pair of fox BT!

Fergeris, you’re clearing out that West Texas brush one coyote at a time.
        I'm trying but not the rate you are hahaahh

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

What do all of y'all use for pan covers? I'm using screen wire

Comment

I just got some poly-fill to try out.

Comment

I just got a Duke #4 for a coyote problem that I have. I have leveled the pan and night latched it. What else should I do to prep it? I have read that you can wash it in dish dawn and then spray paint, boil in baking soda, or soak in vinegar and water? What is the green screens recommend way to get theirs trap ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post

Sheeaatt, Tuco! You are kicken chickin!
                Thanks BK.

It’s a lot of work, but every coyote I catch makes it all worthwhile.

Originally posted by Fergeris View Post

I'm trying but not the rate you are hahaahh
                You & BT would probably have twice as many coyotes if either one of you guys were trapping here.

Comment

Thanks BK.

You & BT would probably have twice as many coyotes if either one of you guys were trapping here.

I don’t believe that at all but thanks for the compliment. I caught a cat and a coyote today. I didn’t get pics because the ranchers found them first. Worked out well for me though. I went and did some gun trading and picked up a Ruger 77/22 hornet for my daughter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by Btoutdoors; 12-03-2017, 08:02 PM.

Comment

What is the procedure for releasing a cat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I started a new place today only got 5 sets out but more to come soon

Comment

Originally posted by Fergeris View Post
                        What do all of y'all use for pan covers? I'm using screen wire

Originally posted by barnag View Post
                        I just got some poly-fill to try out.
                        I like 1" foam, cut from a roll that you can get at Wal-Mart. It's cusion material.
                        I do not like polyfill.

Comment

I use the same stuff for my Bridger an I fill the same about poly fill

Comment

Thanks BK.

I need to devote a week to the ranch come yote breeding season to try and knock dowm the breeding pairs.
                            Going hunting with my oldest in a week and hopefully we cal call and shoot one or two or trap a couple if not.

Comment

Originally posted by Btoutdoors View Post

I went and did some gun trading and picked up a Ruger 77/22 hornet for my daughter.
                              Your daughter is going to love that 22 Hornet.

Now she can join in on the coyote killin’ with Dad !

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                What is the procedure for releasing a cat.
                                It starts with a four foot Ketch-All pole Dale.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1793A.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	24522213

It’s plastic coated cable is self-locking, so when I pull the noose tight it stays locked until I release it.

I slip the noose on the cat and cinch it down, then lay the pole on the ground and stand on it while I compress the trap levers with my hands to release the jaws.

Then I pull the spring-loaded release and cut him loose; and pray he doesn’t run up my leg.

Seriously, all the cat wants to do is put as much distance between the two of us as possible.

To help persuade the cat to run the opposite direction, I usually put a small bush or clump of grass in between the cat and I before releasing him.

The whole process takes about twenty seconds.

The cast trap jaws are smooth and offset , so there’s no foot damage to the cat.

Comment

Working...
                                X